Cool box smells awful - need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently after returning from a long trip, I discovered that fruit had been left in my cool box for an extended period. Awful smelling liquid has leaked into the lower vents and the drain hole in the bottom. I have no idea how to get in there to clean. The box is currently unusable, I had to throw out leftover takeout yesterday as a couple hours in the box was enough for the odor to penetrate the food box and soak into the food. It was absolutely disgusting. What do I clean with? How to I disassemble this enough to get into the vents and under the box? I do not have the lx 570 service manual, just a couple PDFs that aren’t useful. Ideally, does anyone have a functional service manual? I’ve got to take another 3k mile trip in a couple weeks and I NEED this thing working.

this might help?

Recently after returning from a long trip, I discovered that fruit had been left in my cool box for an extended period. Awful smelling liquid has leaked into the lower vents and the drain hole in the bottom. I have no idea how to get in there to clean. The box is currently unusable, I had to throw out leftover takeout yesterday as a couple hours in the box was enough for the odor to penetrate the food box and soak into the food. It was absolutely disgusting. What do I clean with? How to I disassemble this enough to get into the vents and under the box? I do not have the lx 570 service manual, just a couple PDFs that aren’t useful. Ideally, does anyone have a functional service manual? I’ve got to take another 3k mile trip in a couple weeks and I NEED this thing working.
Vinagar and then activated charcoal or vanilla exctract

Vinagar and then activated charcoal or vanilla exctract
Ditto. Start with cleaners that will not leave a worse smell. Vinegar would be my first go to. The last thing you want is to use something like 409 or whatever and then be smelling toxic stuff on the next big journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom