Cooking Utensils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to come up with a way to attach all of my cooking utensils to the underside of my Plano case lid. Any ideas?

259C4A68-A5A4-419C-A7D3-D5F0E4E98685.jpeg

Drill holes in webs and run a couple rows of 1/8" bungee cord with knots in the ends

I miss spoke, I meant elastic cord, not band. Looks like there are plenty on the Amazon. Here is a post that kind of displays what I was thinking. If anything, I like their idea better of using bungee cord. Should be easier to attach the ends rather than trying to tie a knot with just enough spring in the cord (given you find a good bungee cord!).

Magnets! But actually the elastic cord idea is great. I have seen something similar done in someones dewalt toolbox for holding things under the lid.

Here you go...
Will need to secure the net to the ribs. Maybe heating a hot copper pipe and melting a hole punch and then using zip ties.

Also, you may want to sheath that knife as you don't want that necessarily bouncing around.

I was inspired by 4xoverland:

Last edited:
make a piece of plywood 1/4 thick the shape of the lid. make little loops out of bungie cord for the handles to go thru. On the bottom where the ends of the utensils go just add a strip of wood so it works as a stopper. or a pocket for the ends to go into.

tool cases and wrench wraps are also an idea. A fabric wrap you can attach to the lid, with little sleeves for the handles to fit into.

Here's my setup, simple, easy access and compact. All cooking tools, spices, coffee, jetboil, fuel etc. I affixed a molle panel to the top inside lid of a pelican case.

This is the panel I use -

Setup has been working great for about 8 yrs or so. Industrial Velcro used to attach panel.

IMG_20190806_073723.jpg

IMG_20190806_073755.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom