For Sale Cookeville, Tennessee: 1970 FJ40 $3000 *SOLD* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Looking at selling my 1970 FJ40 project so I can focus on other projects. Not really sure what it's worth so asking for some opinions. Update: Had some interest so I decided to put a price on it.

Has original complete drivetrain. No major rust (few small holes in the pan). I have a much nicer and complete instrument cluster that goes with it. I also have a 4 speed that goes with it. Have a clear TN title (somewhere). I also have an original rear bench seat for it that's in pretty good shape (no rips/tears; just some surface rust on the legs. You can kind of see it in the pictures). Engine is not seized. Was running/driving when parked (~10 yrs ago?)

Thanks for looking and any opinions given.

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that you started a for sale ad with no idea how to price it -- usually the for sale ads have a price.
Yep they do. I haven't dealt in buying/selling FJs in some years and things have changed alot I'm sure. I was hoping some of the smart guys on the forum (who are not shopping for one themselves) would weight in and give an opinion on what they think this might be worth on today's market.

I understand the dilemma -- but since it's a for sale ad it's helpful to perform some due diligence and see where the market is at before posting... or re-title your ad to say something like "(Wanted) -- help figuring out a price " otherwise it comes off as an auction / fishing expedition where you get one person saying it's worth 2k all day long and another person saying to scrap it. I'm not the classifieds forum police, just a guy who likes to click on for sale ads and see prices so I know if its something I want to buy or not. In all seriousness, I hope the smart guys help price this for & you get the number you need to sell the project on to a new home, really, no disrespect intended.

I understand the dilemma -- but since it's a for sale ad it's helpful to perform some due diligence and see where the market is at before posting... or re-title your ad to say something like "(Wanted) -- help figuring out a price " otherwise it comes off as an auction / fishing expedition where you get one person saying it's worth 2k all day long and another person saying to scrap it. I'm not the classifieds forum police, just a guy who likes to click on for sale ads and see prices so I know if its something I want to buy or not. In all seriousness, I hope the smart guys help price this for & you get the number you need to sell the project on to a new home, really, no disrespect intended.
No you're fine. I was considering asking $3k just to see what happens and go from there. I can't see it being worth more than that, even with all the crazy prices going around.

Sent you a message.
Thanks
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom