Convince me to buy an FZJ-80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a buying guide in the 80-Series FAQ section. Start there, read the 4 or 5 linked threads, then start a new thread with questions on the purchase of an 80 that are not covered in those 2 threads.

-B-

Thank you for the advise. Can't wait to get a LC. These beasts rock!!!!!:cheers:

Ok now I feel like a retard. I did buy another Discovery (It was only 3k dollars with 100k miles) but I went over to a friends grandparents house last night. Well guess what they had for sale in the front lawn. a white 96 FZJ80 with factory lockers and 205k miles. At least she told me they aren't "ready" to sell it. I hound her everyday she owes me and should just give it to me.

Edit: and it is a 1 owner cruiser.

:doh:

Last edited:
Ok let me rephrase that. This girl owes me so I told her if she gets her grandparents to give it to me we are even. I have probably annoyed her to death about it now since I saw it yesterday though.

Ok now I feel like a retard. I did buy another Discovery (It was only 3k dollars with 100k miles) but I went over to a friends grandparents house last night. Well guess what they had for sale in the front lawn. a white 96 FZJ80 with factory lockers and 205k miles. At least she told me they aren't "ready" to sell it. I hound her everyday she owes me and should just give it to me.

Edit: and it is a 1 owner cruiser.

:doh:

Let's hope you don't spend all your $$$$ trying to keep up the Rover:whoops:, specially in the electrical department. I just fixed my 80 electrical issues for $75.00. The electrical mechanic told me if the truck were a Land Rover the bill would be at least double, Toyota are lot easier to work the bugs. Glad I did not bought a Disco I was planning and bought this 80.:bounce::bounce2: I think that deep inside you wanted to buy a Disco and are afraid to come to the Land Cruiser side.:cheers:

Ok let me rephrase that. This girl owes me so I told her if she gets her grandparents to give it to me we are even. I have probably annoyed her to death about it now since I saw it yesterday though.

Lending money to people, lol. That's what banks are for. Does she owe you the $7k+ that the vehicle is worth? If so, you should take just that as a learning experience and move on. Unless that girl signed a contract to pay you back, I don't see that happening.

H-vegasdisco via facebook 'hopes that Land Rover Huntsville fixes his disco for cheap..'

:flipoff2:

H-vegasdisco via facebook 'hopes that Land Rover Huntsville fixes his disco for cheap..'

applaudit.gif
Yes...because LR and reasonable/cheap maintenance costs go hand in hand.:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom