Converting Non US doors w/small window to US doors big 1 piece window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Body shop has my 82 doors apart. It came with the non US type that has the small flip windows. He has pulled those small flip windows out getting it ready to paint. Could I now get new glass and weather stripe and make it one big window or will the roll and inside pieces also have to be changed out? Anyone done this?
Does it really matter whether it's consider non US or US?

Body Shop Dr Door.jpg

fj40 w soft top Dr side view near rear.jpg

You would need to change the window mechanism as well as the door glass channel. Both are readily available.

If you decide to change it over to US spec I would be interested in your old parts. I also have some of the parts you need for the swap.

Thanks for the offer Michael B. Talked to my FJ40 mentor, he recommended I just keep what I got and not get any deeper into this small restoration. Again thanks! Hope to meet and greet one day.

It will give you better ventilation in a hard top cabin also

You would need to change the window mechanism as well as the door glass channel. Both are readily available.

If you decide to change it over to US spec I would be interested in your old parts. I also have some of the parts you need for the swap.
Hello Michael,

I have a question about the one piece window channels, do you have some for sale or know where I could get a pair? I have been tasked with finishing a diesel conversion and put the interior back together on a 1982 FJ45 truck and I have all the part for this one piece window conversion except for the window sub channels. I have searched the web and can not find them since they have been discontinued. Any information you have would be helpful.

Best Regards,
Christian Nordell

Hello Michael,

I have a question about the one piece window channels, do you have some for sale or know where I could get a pair? I have been tasked with finishing a diesel conversion and put the interior back together on a 1982 FJ45 truck and I have all the part for this one piece window conversion except for the window sub channels. I have searched the web and can not find them since they have been discontinued. Any information you have would be helpful.

Best Regards,
Christian Nordell
The US spec window channel is the same for 40/45. I purchased mine either from my local Toyota dealership or City Racer LLC. I don’t have any available.

Thank you for your service SGT Nordell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom