Converting hj75 ute with a 2h to 1hdt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all new to this page it might have been talked about all ready but here goes i have an 1989 hj75 and have bought an old 80 series with a 1hdt in it. I am looking to convert the old girl. Was wondering anyone has done this before or where i can get some reliable info on it. Thanks in advance Cedric

Do a search. One BJ-73 been converted go through his thread don’t know what it’s called. Are you planning on using the transmission/transfer case from the-80? If so you need to do some real good measuring to see if they will fit. If your transfer is the full time it may not fit unless you can move the whole assembly forward enough to clear the cross member tube in front of the front tank. You will also need a HZ/HD-FTE radiator and fan shroud and new engine mounts. And you will have to figure out how you want to do the transfer shifter-as to do you want it on the side like it is now or like it is in the-80? These are just first basic items to do. Spend time looking on here there are at least two write ups doing this on here.

What gearbox do you plan to use? Most of the work concerns swapping things left to right and vice versa. Things like power steering and aircon are a straight bolt up.
I got these off a HZJ75 and ground off the brackets and welded them onto my FJ73 to 1HZ conversion.
1HZ pics 018 (Medium).jpg

Thanks all sorry for the late reply.
I am going to try fit the h151f gearbox with the free wheeling hub kit in it into the hj75 but if that is too hard(too many modifications) I will change the input spline/shaft in the 155 box and bolt that on. I have the engine mounts sorted. More worried about the exhaust and radiator set up. Because I know the old radiator won't cut the mustard. Another thing the wiring harness I suppose should have to be changed? Cheers Cedric on a lighter note a different project nearly finished

15789037704628790313589539425119.jpg

15789038468542015838742050000451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom