Converting Ambulance Doors to split in half between top and bottom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen several fj40's with ambulance doors that someone either cut in half and welded some metal to fill the void.

I don't know what this conversion would be called otherwise i would have searched for it. The searches that I tried did not return anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Colby

This is a subject thats in my future. Ive run across a couple of threads on the subject. There's not alot. I dont recall my search terms were, probably has something to do with adapting a drop down tailgate and cut ambu. doors. I did save a pic I liked. I figure I need a tailgate 1st. I dont know whos 40 it is, but it was from this site.

3767434510_324de6f7d7.jpg

I don't know if you could cut the ambulance doors in 1/2 and then weld the bottom two pieces together or not. Seems like it may be a solution. I was hoping to find a "how to" so I didnt have to recreate the wheel.

I plan on running without a top most of the time, so I'll most likely buy a tailgate from real steel. My amby doors are rusty on the bottom and replacement skins cost almost as much as the tailgate. So, the bottoms will be on the chopping block at some point.

This guy from the facebook page "The FJ40 Coalition" makes these
87F744CF-F9C4-4120-AAFE-6A53BD8919FB_1_201_a.jpeg

I like the ones on the green cruiser because the hinges did not get moved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom