Converter Brands? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something to keep in mind when shopping for a converter: The amount of heatsinking the unit has is inversely proportional to the efficiency of the unit.

I picked up one off ebay for a whopping ten bucks about a year ago, I forget the brand, but it works fine.

doesn't do the equalize function that the pricey ones do, but seeing as I only spent ten bucks on it, and not 200, I can live with that.

Peter,

try this place http://www.powerstream.com/ The first one I bought was not working properly, only put out 8 volts. As soon as I get the replacement I will update on its performance. The price was good, but will see if it is worth it!

Kris

I forgot to add, the one I bought has two input leads, one for memory,(clock, Etc.) and one for powering the stereo

I have the converter up and running, so far so good. The nice thing is the dual output, one constant and one off the ignition, the presets and the clock stay set.

My Powerstream has worked just fine for about 18 months now. Tucked up above the glove box in my BJ74, running to a fuse block. Usually just feeding the stereo, but occasionally my heated seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom