Converted From drum to disk brakes 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished a front disk conversion on my 1974 FJ40. I used a 1978 FJ55 front end and replaced only the needed parts. I remember reading that there is a tiny switch or other part (?) that I need to remove after I bleed the brakes but before I drive it. Can somebody pinpoint this tiny part so that I don't remove the wrong part please?

Thanks

I think your talking about the thing in the master cylinder. I heard you remove it because it keeps pressure on the drum brakes and you don't want that on the discs. Anyway, I saw a pic once and it was a small white plastic part at the bottom of the master cylinder.

You must remove the residual valve from the front circuit of the brake M/C.
[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=8944;start=msg77586#msg77586 date=1071800066]
Should work fine, just remove the residual pressure valve in the front out port of the master. Where the steel line threads in for the front system, remove that large copper/bronze nut, and pull the little black plastic piece and the spring. Put the large fitting back in, and you will be good to go!
-Steve
[/quote]

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=9237;start=msg80477#msg80477 date=1072413451]
You must remove the residual valve from the front circuit of the brake M/C.
[/quote]

By,

removing the large copper nut piece that the front brake line threads into, then remove the plastic cap piece and spring, as that is the parts that make up the residual pressure valve. Then re-install the large copper nut piece, install your brake line, and bleed your brakes.

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom