Convert to Part-Time; is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Looking for alternatives in fuel economy, is it worth the trouble of convert my 92 FJ80 from full time to part time 4WD?:confused:

For fuel economy? No, not worth it. You'll get maybe 1 MPG better.

How many times do we have to do this? I suppose it's getting even worse because of the gas price increases...

But really; it's like a new (exact same) thread every two days.

I've been told by Slee to not get this done for better fuel economy. 1mpg sounds about right. I was all set up to do this about a week ago but plans have been delayed. I'm doing it to save wear on front axle and increase in power due to only the rear DS turning. It might not be a bad choice for a 3fe since I hear complaints about this engines sluggishness.

For gas mpg not worth it.

Nothing personal, but if you're looking for fuel economy you have no buisness driving any Land Cruiser. Folks claim better gas mileage, but I have a real hard time buying into that. You're still pushing a 6000 pound brick through the air.

Curtis is correct. This thread has been brought up 47 times.

Hey Cj80, I'd like to know your thoughts once you've done this, as I am thinking of doing the same thing for your reasons.... More just to see what it's like than anything else...

Hey Cj80, I'd like to know your thoughts once you've done this, as I am thinking of doing the same thing for your reasons.... More just to see what it's like than anything else...

It may very well be later on into the summer before I can buy this kit and put it on. I've heard a few people say that they don't like the way it handles after the part time but every truck I've driven has been rear wheel drive except the landcruiser. How bad could it be? I'll post up after I do it.

i think the best way to maximize fuel economy would be to drive with skinnier stock sized tires, remove and roof racks, and any extra weight from the vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom