Conversion using Mark's Adapter comments? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered a Mark's Adapter and the needed clutch parts (I recommend Cruiseroutfitters.com if you are looking, they beat everyone's price and Kurt seems to be a hell of a guy) today and will be doing a V8 swap when they ship. Obviously I'm mating it to the stock manual 4 speed tranny (heads up to those who don't know), but what I was looking for was some feedback or comments from anyone that may have done this or used the Mark's Adapter before. I have a very proficient and kick ass cruiser mechanic/ cruiserhead doing the work, but in order to help things (or at least try to) go smoothly, I want to hear from anyone who has used this and maybe get a heads-up on possible problems to look for. He has many extra 60 trannys to use, so chewing up the stock tranny is not a big deal, if it should happen. I hear that this is the best way to go, no drive line mods, etc, etc. But I never hear how easy/ difficult it is or isn't. Any comments will be appreciated.

what kit are you using? there are several kits for various engines.

He is using the kit for a pre-'87 small block Chevy to the Toyota 4 speed case in the FJ60 '81-'87. He has a '85 FJ60 with a '82 tranny, but I beleive the kit is the same for all FJ60 trannys. Kit has motor mounts, bell housing adapter and some clutch parts.

Now I really need to kick it in the ass.

Well the "kit" from Marks has all the bellhousing stuff and mounts only. You then need to get separate the clutch components (i.e. clutch disc and pressure plate). At least that's how I purchased it. I'm sure somewhere out there you can get the "whole" kit, but I priced it out this way as the cheapest I found. Hopefully it goes smoothly and only takes "4 bolts". Right?

I used the Marks adapter. No complaints after about 25K miles. Easy install.

Nice! Now that's what I'm looking to hear. Hope I can say the same thing in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom