Conversion kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a conversion kit for the A/C? to convert from R-12 to 134-a, How much, where, ect?

Thanks in advance

Bruce Wayne Johnson

You can buy A/C R134a retrofit kit from SOR or MAF but it's expensive.
But altough you bought retrofit kit, you MUST NOT do that at home for our environment.

FYI Pep Boys will retro fit the A/C for $150.00

For $150 I bet you can get it refilled with freon and get some change back and it will cool better then the new stuff

I found a box(10 or so) of 1lb freon at a garage sale.....for $5 :)

batman said:
FYI Pep Boys will retro fit the A/C for $150.00

Landpimp said:
For $150 I bet you can get it refilled with freon and get some change back and it will cool better then the new stuff

I wish I had that deal. I was just posting that for other people. But I just added R-12.

with a license, Napa still sells R12, $30 a lb

batman said:
Does anyone know of a conversion kit for the A/C? to convert from R-12 to 134-a, How much, where, ect?

Thanks in advance

Bruce Wayne Johnson

Pep boys/etc. will have em. I got a local guy to recover my R12, then I did the retrofit at home and went back for the new refrigerant. here's the good part- he didn't charge me for the R134, because the R12 costs more; he only hit me for $20.00 for the "labor", poke you nose around a couple of the more seedy looking shops around, someone will do it. anything bigger or more complicated, leave it to a real LC mechanic.

Landpimp said:

I got the same amount for free when my fiance's dad cleaned out his garage. I win :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom