conversion h55f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
alright. I have a conversion question

will this all bolt up:

1989 3fe
h55f
1986 split case

any mods or will all of this bolt on to each other?

thanks

No experience here but I would think it should all bolt-up. Might have to change the length of the driveshafts though.

It will bolt up - but if going in a 62 you are going to need the parts to swap in the manual and you will need the split-case shifter from a later 60-series.

I'm doing this exact swap right now except with a 4spd (same procedure though)...well I'm not doing it, my friend Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton is:)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=125194&highlight=crawler

You will need to find an 86 or 87 FJ60 donor rig for the bellhousing, flywheel and all the manual crap (hydraulics, pedal bucket etc)...read through the above thread, it pretty much details what you need.

The swap to an H55 is the exact same thing except you have a tranny with a 5th gear.

Also, do a search here for "Dunbar"....he did an H55 swap a while back and I pilfered most of his parts info:D

thanks guys. the kicker is all of the above drivetrain is going into a fj40...

its a kicker because im talking about a 40 in a 60 section.

so let me get this straight

all the mods i will have to do to make a 3fe / h55f/ 86 split case work is all bolt in.

there are absolutely no mods?

what about this:

trans humps?
gas pedal?
moutning ecu?
wiring?
brake booster?

anything i left out?

Best bet would be to post in the 40-section. I see you already posted in the hardcore section. It will physically bolt up and is compatible. Since you are putting it in a 40 there will be somethings that will be required for the conversion. Specifically the ECU for the EFI system on the 3FE.

PM stumpy and ask him to refer you to a build-up or thread about his 3FE'd 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom