Control arms what to look for (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, recently my steering developed an annoying wander that I tracked to bad ball joints and worn control arm bushings both upper and lower up front not willing to dish out around 1k for a new set I decided to change out the bushings for oem ones and get 555 ball joints
However, when underneathe the vehicle I noticed both lower control arms has a sticker on them that says "Made in Japan" so they seem like after market how do I tell oem control arms from non oem for both upper and lower I may end up snagging a set from a junk yard to rebuild but I want to make sure they are oem not after market also are they the same across all models or are later models have different parts just like steering racks and tie rods?

Hi guys, recently my steering developed an annoying wander that I tracked to bad ball joints and worn control arm bushings both upper and lower up front not willing to dish out around 1k for a new set I decided to change out the bushings for oem ones and get 555 ball joints
However, when underneathe the vehicle I noticed both lower control arms has a sticker on them that says "Made in Japan" so they seem like after market how do I tell oem control arms from non oem for both upper and lower I may end up snagging a set from a junk yard to rebuild but I want to make sure they are oem not after market also are they the same across all models or are later models have different parts just like steering racks and tie rods?
Land cruisers were made in Japan so if they say Made in Japan I'd bet that makes them OEM. As for OEM vs aftermarket I couldn't tell you - I'd look for manufacturer stamping somewhere.

TLDR punctuation matters!

Edit: sorry, it is just very hard to read and digest for me

TLDR punctuation matters!

Edit: sorry, it is just very hard to read and digest for me
Looks like they're from Saudi Arabia and likely not a native English speaker, they get a pass. ;)

Nope. Found an invoice in the glove box dating about 2 years ago. Apparently an after market, real quality parts here that lasted for two whole years XD.
I think I'll just get a set from a junk yard if the price is right.

Ps. I know how to use punctuation, but was way too exhausted to bother XD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom