con't of Lift Gate search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi,
to con't with my previous search for a lift gate....i need a liftgate for a 98 cruiser. by all accounts it will cost about 1000 bucks to get a used one to my door. and then it may need some body work. this includes the 250 to 300 dolla shipping from whereever. i'm in maryland. so.....i have some more questions.

1)will a 2006 cruiser liftgate fit a 98 cruiser. i know the spoiler is different. not sure about bolt pattern, body style/shape similarities, etc. a dealer couldnt tell me. he did say the part number is different.

2) i may just purchase a shell and transfer my stuff. also, i am wondering if i bought a new rear window, will the defogger in the window need a special install. what i mean is are the connectors module from the glass to the gate or is soldering an issue.

thanks,

jeffb

Lets see some pictures of the damage so we can evaluate. What happened with the Iowa scrap yard ?

98-2002 are the same. 2003 and up model have 2 hole for the rear emblem locating pin.

so..would emblems from a 98 fit to a 2006? what about everything else? thanks

2003 and emblem will fit older hatch if you trim the locating pin. If you use older emblem on newer hatch it would not cover the hole unless you do some bodywork. I am not sure if everthing else would work but most likely it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom