1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

construction in colorado?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by red dirt squirt, Jul 26, 2005.

1. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

hey to all, i will be graduating college here shortly and i was curious if any of you knew of good heavy highway construction positions available in the colorado area or if anyone had suggestions or info on where or where not to go? thanks for your help.

2. 2badfjs

2badfjs

i have no idea how or who does the construction out here, but they are ALWAYS working on the roads out here.

try CDOT.
    COLORADO DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION

3. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Dont be afraid to at least look in small towns for construction companies. We have one here in Alamosa called Asphalt Constructors Inc. and they always seem busy, but busy out of town and out of state and on and on...

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

Colorado is tough on construction, there is always lots to do (snow/ice wrecks alot of roads, etc), but the timeframe for getting all the projects done is not long. So every summer there is a mad rush of activity, seems to be boom or bust for the construction guys. I don't know if the job situation with that industry is that flaky or not, but I can't imagine any construction company could keep a full workforce in the winter, unless (like some CDOT people do I think) the same people that were running equipment during the summer are driving plows and such in the winter.

Good Luck...Colorado is great! :cool:

5. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    iirc, yenter bros does a lot of the mountain stuff.