Constant 12v Source for Car Stereo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
I'm replacing the worn out factory head unit in my '97 and am having power problems. I bought a Sony XAV-AX5000, along with the recommend 70-1761 wiring harness from Best Buy. Zero issues with the wiring harness, right up until it comes time to plug things in. I've got no power to the new unit at all. It doesn't seem like the factory harness has any source of constant 12v power when I test with the multimeter. Does anyone know what the color code is for the factory harness that supplies constant 12v? I'm also confounded that the power antenna motor runs correctly, even with no power at the head unit.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition

Grey should be 12v with acc on. Cig Fuse
Blue with yellow stripe is battery constant. Dome fuse
Brown is ground

Last edited:
All,
I'm replacing the worn out factory head unit in my '97 and am having power problems. I bought a Sony XAV-AX5000, along with the recommend 70-1761 wiring harness from Best Buy. Zero issues with the wiring harness, right up until it comes time to plug things in. I've got no power to the new unit at all. It doesn't seem like the factory harness has any source of constant 12v power when I test with the multimeter. Does anyone know what the color code is for the factory harness that supplies constant 12v? I'm also confounded that the power antenna motor runs correctly, even with no power at the head unit.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition
On the 70-1761 harness the constant 12v will be yellow, if it doesn't have 12v constant check your fuses. Do not hook up the blue wire on adapter harness. The power antenna runs on its own circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom