Console Power Source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have an Smitty Bilt console installed currently in my FJ62. Not super happy with, build quality, fit and finish, and the lack of being able to add switches to it nicely. I found some one locally that's interest in buying it so that's great and I just ordered the Cruiser Crap console to replace it.

My question is, those who have consoles with lit switches, 12v sockets and/or USB chargers installed, where are you guys pulling power from? Just tapping into a keyed 12v wire some where, running an add a fuse, running directly off that battery? Just looking for ideas on how I'd like to tackle this.

I have a little Blue Sea Systems 6 fuse block floating around in the garage. I'm think it might not be a terrible idea to mount that in the passenger foot well area. Would be nice for the switches and 12v power, plus it would give me a future power source for powered seats, CB or Ham radio and what not. Thoughts?

Straight from battery with a fused block in between...For two USBs

Run one dedicated +/- for the ham radio straight and fused from /at the battery

Last edited:
Straight from battery with a fused block in between...
I like it.

The more I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm going to add a Aux Fuse block inside the front of the cab somewhere. I have a positive bus bar in the engine bay, I think I'm going to connect to that tie in a circuit breaker and a relay so the block only receives power when the key is on.

I'm going to add a Aux Fuse block inside the front of the cab somewhere.
That's what I did....
1606844699674.png

so the block only receives power when the key is on.
I need power available when camping....thus the straight from the Aux battery.

I recently added a fuse/relay block on the driver side of the engine bay, it's fused off of the battery and then I ran fused power and relay signals into the cab. Found an unused connector under the dash that comes on in ignition position 2 that I'm using to trigger an ignition relay that turns on my fuse box so nothing drains
IMG_20201107_171622.jpg

Old pic before I finished routing

I recently added a fuse/relay block on the driver side of the engine bay, it's fused off of the battery and then I ran fused power and relay signals into the cab. Found an unused connector under the dash that comes on in ignition position 2 that I'm using to trigger an ignition relay that turns on my fuse box so nothing drains
View attachment 2512463
Old pic before I finished routing

Yeah I plan on adding a Bussmann relay block for lights and everything exterior of the cab. I have to get my dual battery set up completed for that though.

That's what I did....
View attachment 2512456

I need power available when camping....thus the straight from the Aux battery.

That looks pretty gucci. Just think off the top of my head everything I'm going to connect up front I'm pretty sure I want it keyed. Eventually, I'll add a second aux fuse box off the second battery for full time power. Don't want to drain the main battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom