Events/Trails Consolation Trip to Santa Rosa Mt. This Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those who aren't able to make it to Coyote Flats this weekend (Including me, which is a real bummer) I still want to get out, so I am planning on heading up to Santa Rosa Mt Friday afternoon. I am hoping we can get the spot up by the old Log Cabin (that is now only a giant fire place). There are 3 sites total up there and can easily handle 6 or 7 rigs. If the sites are taken, there are several Yellow Post sites along the way that we should be able to snag.

Here is the GPS Coordinates for the Old Log Cabin. 33.538244, -116.461656

I don't remember is there is cell service up there, but I will have the Ham Radio on 146.490

Last edited by a moderator:
What time are you heading up?

Probably around 3 or 4 (assuming I get my project wrapped up).

Bummer, cant make this one either. Have fun.

Sweet trip idea! I can't make it, but I appreciate you posting up the meet. Have a great trip!

This would be a fun trip but going have to miss this one.
Have family obligations on Saturday I can't reschedule :(

Santa Rosa ended up being one of those trips were you find another hidden little gem. @Cruiser Bauers and @KTP went up early Friday afternoon and found the spot we were planning on staying at was already occupied so they went down the trail past the old log cabin and found a awesome spot. It was big enough to accommodate 5 - 6 rigs and had great views of Palm Desert and Anza. The weather was perfect, 60 during the day and 50 at night, just enough you needed a jacket which I didn't bring. Definitely a place to keep on the Hidden Gem list of local spots.

20190810_115005.jpg

20190810_114945.jpg

20190810_110437.jpg

20190810_094712.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom