Considering a 73 FJ40 in Austin... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live about a block away from the guy and would normally see him putting some work into it on weekend morning walks. Looks pretty decent in person (just casual glancing) and no discernible worrisome sounds when we've heard him drive by at lower neighborhood speeds.
I wanted to take a stab at it but our drive way is currently a full house.

He also has an older F-series pick up and definitely seems like someone who knows how to take care of stuff and keep it running for what it is worth.

Last edited:
Yes, I put a deposit down on it. Special thanks to @Sea Knight for checking it out for me. Appreciate all the responses and willingness to help!! If I can help with anything in the Louisville, KY area - please let me know. :D

I should have it in a week or two - headed on vacation tomorrow. Thanks!
@Sea Knight isn’t driving it to you? I though that was his gig.

He's "off the grid".
Yep, still here, still hangin on . Wife, not so much, but getting better.

Very nice almost stock 40 with the usual body panel rust. PO did a lot of quality mechanical work. Body just needs a little TLC, but who doesn’t?

Jeff, I thought you bailed on s***hole Austin years ago? I got something for ya. Should be back in town by Oct. We should do beerz,

Yep, still here, still hangin on . Wife, not so much, but getting better.

Very nice almost stock 40 with the usual body panel rust. PO did a lot of quality mechanical work. Body just needs a little TLC, but who doesn’t?

Jeff, I thought you bailed on s***hole Austin years ago? I got something for ya. Should be back in town by Oct. We should do beerz,

Just out of the city limits and tax district. Had a great chat with Kelly a couple of weeks ago, at the July get together. Emailed you back in early May, crickets in response. Won't hold my breath on October... :rofl:

Just out of the city limits and tax district. Had a great chat with Kelly a couple of weeks ago, at the July get together. Emailed you back in early May, crickets in response. Won't hold my breath on October... :rofl:
Wasn’t aware of a July gathering but was out of town anyway. And about to leave again.
I answer emails. The last one received from you was 3/10/19, and I did reply. Nothing since then. I assumed you’d escaped the People’s Republic of Austin. Sounds like you did. Props to ya. 🍸

HI Guys,
I live in Louisville, KY area and I've come across a 73 FJ40 in the Austin area. Hoping someone would be willing to take a look at it for me. It's listed on FB Marketplace, so maybe someone has already looked at it? If you would be willing to take a look, please send me a message. I really appreciate it. Thanks!
May I ask what was the evaluation on the FJ40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom