connector identification 97 fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I've been having troubles lately with low, rough idle... low enough to stall if I don't give it gas. It's also been hunting intermittently.

I went to replace fusible link today, along with distributor cap, rotor, oring (seems to be letting a bit of oil by), plus and wires. I found this connector not connected but have no idea what it is.

ForumRunner_20131019_122512.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture. Connector in question is above and to the left of oil filter. Wire leading to it is small and green. Any help on ID? It looks like it goes into a larger harness that would be difficult to separate/replace so I may try to splice in a replacement...

Thanks

ForumRunner_20131019_122512.jpg

I think that's your #1 knock sensor. It is a shielded wire, so not something you want to mess with unless you know what you are doing.

What is preventing you from reconnecting the wire? I see the knock sensor in your photo but not the wire leading to the harness? Is the connector damaged or the wire cut? For reference your #2 knock sensor is back by your #5 cylinder and is identical, you can compare connectors to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom