SOLD Connecticut: 1996 FZJ80 - low mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(21, 0, 255)
A new house and growing family means I will sadly have to part ways with my ‘96 FZJ80.

I’ve had it for about 3 years. Intended to build it out more but never found the time for anything beyond baselining and regular maintenance.

Maintenance records are spotty. Previous owner was an enthusiast and had a 40, 62 and another 80. He kept His other 80 with factory lockers and sold this one to me. He found it upstate and held onto it for about a year. 2 owners prior to him so I am the 4th. Previous owner replaced all heater hoses, bypassed the rear heater, and replaced alternator. I overhauled the cooling system with new thermostat, water pump, fan clutch. I put 4 new bfg KO2 265/75/r16 on when I bought it at 118k. Minor oil leak at rear main seal is slow with 5w30 and disappears with heavier weights. I run 15w40 in the warmer months and 10w40 in colder. Valve cover gasket could use replacing but I haven’t messed with it since it isn’t leaking. AC works fine but makes a little bit of noise. Probably a bearing. Someone clipped my drivers side rear 1/4 panel in a parking lot so I pushed it out myself and replaced the taillight. Paint shows some chipping and at the fenders overall.

Frame is solid and only has minor surface rust. I regularly apply fluid film and planned to do a full corroseal treatment and paint but couldn’t find the time. Exhaust looks original. Solid but the hangers are rusted with one fully broken up.

Message me for more info and photos. Exterior is nightshadow pearl and grey cloth interior which is in excellent shape. Rest of interior is in excellent shape as well and mostly stock other than a Sony XAV AX100 with Apple Car play and some basic Pioneer speakers.

He's asking $8500. I requested more closer up photos yesterday (engine bay, rear wing mounting points, and undercarriage to get a better idea about the degree of rust as he mentioned some rust "bubbles"), but nothing new posted up yet.

I’ll happily add more detailed photos. I was transparent about rust starting to form at one of the wind deflector mounts and @Kernal was kind enough to explain what rust is. I have come across a lot of tire kickers in my day and don’t have time to waste.

Initially asked $8500. Accepting reasonable offers. Getting a new Tacoma this month and sadly need to make room in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom