Confused, what parts do I have? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could use some expert guidance on a body part question that I have.

I bought a used hardtop (sides, cap, rear liftgate, and bows that go above front doors) to replace the one I foolishly didtched many years ago. My question concerns the door bows. Everything was dissassembled when I bought it and the door bows were not as I expected. They are 2 piece but are crimped together on both edges and do not appear to come apart. There are no bolts holding the 2 pieces toghether and there are no holes for mounting them to the cap. The hardtop is an early 70's and the bows are nearly identical to the other 2-piece bows I have seen except for what I noted. I have already secured the 2-piece bows that I need but am wondering what these bows would fit. I'd like to get them to a good home if someone else can use them.

Would the really early 25s or 40s use these bows? Would they be from a FST 40?

I'll provide a picture later if necessary.

Thanks,

W-

You have to.seperate the two.pieces.to get to.the bolt holes. Ill get pics in a couple hours when i get home, where in Denver? We're in commerce city amd i have one, maybe both on my 45 separated if you want a closer look

here's what it should look like installed
one side of mine had the two pieces attached, but not installed. you can see on the top, the holes that would go into the hardtop raingutter and three bolts on the back that have to come out.
installed.jpg
top back.jpg
back.jpg

after undoing the bolts, it may take a little prying, but the outer section comes down from the back of the "L", and slides out from the crimped lip
disassemble a.jpg
disasemble.jpg
final.JPG

Thanks, those are the parts that I had to source later so I have them.
The ones that came with the hardtop that I bought were different though, They are crimped together on both edges and don't have any bolt holes/captured nuts anywhere. Basically the same shape overall without the hooks on the ends that attach to the side of the windshield frame. I was cleaning them up to repaint and saw that there was no way that they could bolt to the cap the way they sat and realized they weren't the right parts. It made me wonder if they came off something way early or a softtop model.
IMAG0086.jpg
IMAG0087.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom