Conflicted about the radio options (1 Viewer)

Crush 4

GOLD Star
I've been happy with this. Have had it like 4 years. Only negative has been no volume knob but I'm used to the buttons now

Says it is discontinued

anybody have luck replacing the sub and rear roof speakers?
Got the doors done and they sound good

Anyone have a recommendation for one of these double DIN touch screen units that has compatibility for use with both a front and rear facing camera?
I'm not inclined to replace my stereo unless I can get dual cameras going.

My silly Kenwood does have a volume knob, so its got that going for it. The Sony above looks pretty good. The little Alpine (digital only, no cd/dvd) that lets you mount an small Alpine amp right behind it is pretty neat. I think @jcardona1 installed one.?
I'd like to find one that had screen articulation left to right instead of up/down.

Here’s a thread on the Sony XAV Series. Mine originally didn’t have adjustable illumination color, but Sony released a firmware update that added the feature.

thatcabledude

SILVER Star

My silly Kenwood does have a volume knob, so its got that going for it. The Sony above looks pretty good. The little Alpine (digital only, no cd/dvd) that lets you mount an small Alpine amp right behind it is pretty neat. I think @jcardona1 installed one.?
I'd like to find one that had screen articulation left to right instead of up/down.
I have been using that amp for 10 years. Snip the connector off and it can be easily hooked to anything. The wire colors are your standard green, purple, white, grey, etc

Someone might have already answered this but for the Sony in particular do I actually need to pull the factory amp out or do these units that have built in amps just bypass the factory one and I can just pull it when i get around to it for some other reason?

Someone might have already answered this but for the Sony in particular do I actually need to pull the factory amp out or do these units that have built in amps just bypass the factory one and I can just pull it when i get around to it for some other reason?
Just bypass the factory amp.

Got the Sony delivered and going to take a shot at it. So, is it correct that since there are 4 channels for the built in amp for that unit that it will only run 4 of the 6-8 factory installed speakers? or is that wrong?

retrofive

SILVER Star

Got the Sony delivered and going to take a shot at it. So, is it correct that since there are 4 channels for the built in amp for that unit that it will only run 4 of the 6-8 factory installed speakers? or is that wrong?
Correct. Use the 2 grey factory plugs for the new unit and not the white single for the stock desk, and unplug/remove the factory amp in the ps kick panel.

Correct. Use the 2 grey factory plugs for the new unit and not the white single for the stock desk, and unplug/remove the factory amp in the ps kick panel.
roger. And is there an easy way to bridge the additional speakers into the 4 powered new channels? how do I get the sound out of all the speakers?

retrofive

SILVER Star

roger. And is there an easy way to bridge the additional speakers into the 4 powered new channels? how do I get the sound out of all the speakers?
Scosche (I think that is brand I used) make a little adapter that goes from 4 speaker and splits out to the others. I spent the time my first go around to make them all work that way, but honestly after installed my 2nd deck I gave up on that setup and never really noticed much sound difference.

Long story short is it possible, yes; worth it? not really in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom