Confirmation of fender flare size/part# 1990 HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question on a rear fender flare from a 1990 HDJ81.
Front of flare comes off body by about 1 1/2" rear comes off about 2 1/2".
What I have read is that earlier domestics were narrow flare but nowhere can I find the actual offset size.
It does not seem possible to order off the year alone.
So not certain of part to purchase.

20200530_173120.jpg

20200530_173207.jpg

20200530_173223.jpg

Yes, I can buy new but was looking for a more cost effective solution. However, the sources you mention also offer 2 choices for the vin# with no associated sizes for reference.
Your location states "The World"

Since we have no idea where you are, most of us cannot offer meaningful suggestions.

We can tell you to check Craigslist, but I'm not sure that will be much help.

Look in the classifieds up above or post a WTB in the classifieds for exactly what you are looking for and maybe someone in "The World" will be able to help you.

I'm guessing the flares from a 91-92 USA version will fit and be of the same material, but I'm not sure because I only own a 96 USA version.

My geographical region has nothing to do with the physical size of a fender flare for a specific year, make and model of landcruiser.
However if shipping it would be to 77619.
Anyone with constructive advice?

My geographical region has nothing to do with the physical size of a fender flare for a specific year, make and model of landcruiser.
However if shipping it would be to 77619.
Anyone with constructive advice?

What I have read is that earlier domestics were narrow flare but nowhere can I find the actual offset size.

You seem to be contradicting your own first post as you have a early non-domestic model and state domestic models vary by year. In other regions specifications changed earlier than what happened domestically in the US. Domestic is all relative to the country/recgion you live in.

Yes, I can buy new but was looking for a more cost effective solution. However, the sources you mention also offer 2 choices for the vin# with no associated sizes for reference.
I could measure mine (1991 HDJ81) if that helps?

Can anyone confirm how "fat" there fe
You seem to be contradicting your own first post as you have a early non-domestic model and state domestic models vary by year. In other regions specifications changed earlier than what happened domestically in the US. Domestic is all relative to the country/recgion you live in.

View attachment 2324579

View attachment 2324580

View attachment 2324582
OMG you guys are killin' me.
I could measure mine (1991 HDJ81) if that helps?
Actually I'm looking for any US domestic 80 series to take a measurement. This would allow me to to buy a used "specific year" flair from the domestic market. The issues are that the size and mounting holes change with the years 90-97. At least that is what my findings have revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom