Condensor Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone replaced their AC Condensor? I'm wondering if it can be accessed from the front by removing the grill, oil cooler, fan, etc... or if the radiator must come out. Rig is a 99 LC. Thanks!

Pretty easy. I did it in about 2 hrs. One of the bolts is kind of blocked by the rad mount and is a pita but you'll get to it. Make sure you get new ac seals.

Reminds me a friend of mine took the AC compressor off to install the alternator on a saturn. He had zero experience in cars but he did it... He wanted to save money but had no AC afterwards!

I did remove it without a problem. The horn, fan and oil cooler had to be unbolted to get access to the bolts. New condensor went in and replaced the seals. Last weekend I pulled a vacuum and it held so I added 3 12 oz cans of 134a + oil + dye. I'll check it again this weekend when I get back from a business trip. It has rear air and the hoses looked good with a visual inspection. Everything I read about these rigs seems to point to common issues with the rear lines.

Easy, not even a 1/2 beer job, but ok to have two . . . :beer:
Comes with drier, would throw in a new expansion valve (cheap). I think o'reilly's napa or autozone will loan a vacuum pump. Check how much (if any) PAG oil comes out the old one - I added 2 ounces (check manual or comments welcome here).

Kevin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom