Condenser HJ61 12HTSahara (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day

my aircon doesn't hold gas. I had it pressure tested which did not show a leak. The mechanic suspects the condenser. Is there a thread on how to remove or even a photo where the condenser is as I can not find it in my Gregorys manual?
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket part as I have had problems in the past with parts allegedly being the correct part but actually were not?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The condensor is the big thin radiator in front of the actual radiator. Might need some dye to find the leak. The condensor may or may not be the problem. Could be compressor shaft seal, or orings etc.

The condensor is the big thin radiator in front of the actual radiator. Might need some dye to find the leak. The condensor may or may not be the problem. Could be compressor shaft seal, or orings etc.
Thank you for your help. I had it pressure tested with a dye which shows under UV? light and he couldn't find any apparent leaks

I had it pressure tested with a dye which shows under UV? light and he couldn't find any apparent leaks
It can be really frustrating chasing small leaks. It is possible it's in the evaporator. That is in the plastic box in the cabin, so the uv dye leak won't be visible until the evaporator is removed. If there is a leak in the compressor shaft seal it may not show up immediately with the dye either coz it's behind the pulley, but could eventually be visible as it slowly leaks out. Sometimes it takes a really thorough uv search to find the leak.
good luck.

It can be really frustrating chasing small leaks. It is possible it's in the evaporator. That is in the plastic box in the cabin, so the uv dye leak won't be visible until the evaporator is removed. If there is a leak in the compressor shaft seal it may not show up immediately with the dye either coz it's behind the pulley, but could eventually be visible as it slowly leaks out. Sometimes it takes a really thorough uv search to find the leak.
good luck.
Thank you. Would you know how hard it is to remove the evaporator? Any pictures on the forum or on the web? Or where/how I could find a part number or matching aftermarket part?

Last edited:
here is a 60 series evaporator thread. AC evaporator cover removal? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ac-evaporator-cover-removal.1134619/

There are probably other threads on the topic. Before removing the evap, do another thorough uv search if possible. you might save a bit of work.

This thread might help too AC Evaporator box install advice needed - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ac-evaporator-box-install-advice-needed.987028/
Thank you for the links and your advise - it's a big help

One more thing. If the condenser is leaking on the side that's against the radiator, it is nearly impossible to see, and you may have to remove the condenser to give it a really thorough inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom