Concurrent upgrades while doing shocks and struts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Due to get shocks and struts done on my stock 99 LC and was planning on just maintaining its setup. This is out of my breadth, but are there any concurrent improvements that are regularly made when doing suspension? I'm no rock crawler, but if there is something simple/cheap/easy/logical to do then I'm game. Thanks!

We have shocks on all four corners; Coil springs in back and torsion bars up front hold the truck’s weight.

I say keep the stock set up. More capability can be achieved by simply increasing tire size and/or adjusting torsion bar preload up front. If you decide to “upgrade” the shocks be sure to keep all the original washers that sandwich the upper cushions. They’re expensive and will be required when you inevitably switch back to OEM. :)

About 190k. They've never been done as far as I can tell and I can feel every mote of dust on a perfectly paved road.
Every bushing that exists, particularly upper and lower control arms, steering rack, etc. Ball joints and inner and outer tie rod ends, wheel bearings, etc.

What about coil spacers if I stick with OEM? Again, I'm not looking to do anything too adventurous, but if there's a reasonable way to add a bit of clearance without sacrificing too much on the road (or wallet...) then I'm certainly down with that! Any ideas if so?

What about coil spacers if I stick with OEM? Again, I'm not looking to do anything too adventurous, but if there's a reasonable way to add a bit of clearance without sacrificing too much on the road (or wallet...) then I'm certainly down with that! Any ideas if so?

Yes you can do spacers in the rear and a few turns on your torsion bar adjusters in the front. A few dozen threads on here about how to do it.

Yes you can do spacers in the rear and a few turns on your torsion bar adjusters in the front. A few dozen threads on here about how to do it.
Oh nice, glad it was as simple as it looks. Any suggestions for spacers then? Are the 30mm Slee ones generally considered the standard? OME? Or does anyone have experience with some others on the market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom