Concerts - who’s in?

jvalex

SILVER Star
I searched to make sure one didn’t already exist, but did not see a concert thread.

I was planning on going to ATL April 25th to see Ministry and Chelsea Wolfe with my now ex - definitely not bringing him along, but I still want to go. Is anyone going to be there or would like to go? Tickets are about $40. ATL is driveable from AVL and I won’t be spending the night there.

Ministry at Center Stage Theater (25 Apr 2018)

jvalex

SILVER Star
Last concert I had tickets to didn't work out so well. RIP Chester.
Ugh, 2017 sucked. I had just bought tickets to Depeche Mode and was begging all the fates to let them live so I could see them. Between him and Cornell I was rattled. (Saw DM. Just as perfect as I expected.)

jvalex

SILVER Star
We might attend a couple of festivals this summer, nothing specifically planned yet...
Ooh which festivals are you interested in?

Not gonna lie - I’m more of a single show / single evening person. My introversion does not allow me to spend an entire weekend packed in with so many other human beings.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech

Ooh which festivals are you interested in?

Not gonna lie - I’m more of a single show / single evening person. My introversion does not allow me to spend an entire weekend packed in with so many other human beings.
That's a tough one for me too...

:lol:

We've been attending this reggae festival here in NorCal for nearly 30 years but alas, it may have had it's last show last year. There is a so-called Kate Wolf Festival mrs surfpig wants to go to, which might be fun, interesting lineup. Might check out the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival. We always keep an eye out for tours that stop in the area...

jvalex

SILVER Star
Those all sounds cool, and not terribly overwhelming. At least the clouds at reggae festival would keep ya mellow. Ha!

chupacabra

I’m more of a single show / single evening person. My introversion does not allow me to spend an entire weekend packed in with so many other human beings.
Yeah, pretty much why my wife and I quit going to big name / big shed concerts a long time ago. Trying to remember the last live music event we went to - must have been Mary Chapin Carpenter, or The Chieftains, maybe a year or two ago? Though we do go to small "house concerts" of traditional Irish music fairly frequently. They're like 25-50 people, literally in someone's house. Which is why I didn't even think of them at first - totally different experience than most paid music events. For one thing, there aren't any drunk assholes.

Ugh, 2017 sucked. I had just bought tickets to Depeche Mode and was begging all the fates to let them live so I could see them. Between him and Cornell I was rattled. (Saw DM. Just as perfect as I expected.)
Saw DM years ago in Seattle. Easily top 10 concerts Ive been to.

jvalex

SILVER Star
Saw DM years ago in Seattle. Easily top 10 concerts Ive been to.
If I ever get the chance to see them again I will be there with bells on. Let’s gooo!

The Cure is playing a few shows in London this summer and I am so sad.

Ministry-In case you didn't feel like showing up live video on youtube brings back memories.
Please give a show report after.

jvalex

SILVER Star
Ministry-In case you didn't feel like showing up live video on youtube brings back memories.
Please give a show report after.
I will, if I go! Nooot sure I want to go that one alone. Hah. I’ve heard they’ve gotten a bit weird in past years. As in, the whole show.

Top Bottom