Concerns about prior accident - LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wah00

SILVER Star
Threads
I am considering buying an LX 470 through a broker at a dealer auction - I will not be able to inspect the truck myself, but my broker will (I've used him several times over the years with good experiences). The Carfax shows a prior accident several years ago, where there was damage to driver's front side that required a tow. It looks very clean inside and out, but it appears from records at a prior auction (where it did not meet reserve) a box was checked that it had an accident with structural damage requiring paint. There has been around 30K miles driven since the accident.

The accident did not total it, so the title is clean and not salvage/ rebuild.

I'm obviously concerned and would prefer no prior accidents, but thought I would reach out to this helpful forum to see if there are particular things to consider or that I should have my broker look for other than obvious signs of frame damage and how it performs/ drives at highway speed. Price is also clear determining factor for my risk tolerance here.

This is for a daily driver for the next few years and potential build down the road. I drive an 80 series now but I've decided to step up to a 100 to better handle interstate drives. Thanks - love this forum.

Have your broker/inspector check out the driver side core support, fender apron, front frame horn, body mount, and suspension components. But considering its been driven 30k miles since the repair and retained a clean title, it is probably safe to assume that the damage was minimal and repaired properly.

I think it really depends on what you spend on it. The truck is probably fine, but the history will always make it worth less and harder to sell.

Jim

Thanks for the responses. Truck was pulled from the auction before we could inspect. Either presold (likely) or some other reason that would make me glad I didn't buy it.

The search for a 100/ LX continues...

Epilogue - my broker confirmed that they looked prior to it being pulled and there was a suspension/ AHC issue so he was passing anyway. Confirming awesomesquid's and trd's instincts and comments above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom