Computer screen positioning in a FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to figure out a good position to put either a 7 or 8" LCD VGA screen. It will hopefully be useed with a Mac Mini as a "Carputer." I will used it with a GPS and it will have various other computer duties. I am looking at some of the various touch screen models. It will have to be easily visible by the person in the drivers position.

I haven't seen a mounting system yet that has gotten me very excited yet. Any ideas?

Snook on this site built one and it seems to work well. Maybe when he gets back from Vacation he will chime in...

How are you using the Mac with a GPS?

I have not quite gotten the GPS down. I have a Ray ming unit and a Garmin Etrex for this attempt and will see how they work with the Mac Mini. Software wise, I not sure what I will use. I tried a few programs with my Power Book and had spotty results. The company says Oziexplorer software will work with Virtual PC on a Mac--I will try the demo and see how that works.

I'll have to try contacting Snook. I appreciate your help.

search the 80's section there is a 7" that fits in place of the radio, I cant remember the user name, but he did something similar. then you would need a XM or FM card for your puter as it is replacing the radio

for a larger screen

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=44349

Screen

I have a Lilliput 7" in the For Sale section. Works great, but I bought a Dell Lattitude LS that is tiny and works well for GPS.

david

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom