Compressor Clutch Shaft Hole Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Does this look right? Part is NIB from the dealer (88410-26110). I'd like to know if the off-center hole is correct or damaged before I start removing parts from the truck. It feels solid, and the factory box and Fedex box are both undamaged. Thanks.

IMG_5143.jpeg

John, the clutch body/shaft should be inline with the input shaft; it only moves axially and rotates on that axis. I can't remember exactly what it looked like when I replaced Sarah's, but that doesn't look right. It may be that the input sleeve has some play axially, but I don't remember that being the case. If it does, it should slip inline easily by hand; you could check that while it's in the bag.

I think I have the old locked one on the shelf. Let me look and I'll let you know.

@Malleus I used as much force to try to shift that sleeve as I could with my fingers. Didn't want to shove a screwdriver in there and try to force it. I figured anything that rotates at the speed this thing does probably isn't gonna be overly "adjustable". Worst case, if nobody has a confirmed answer before my deadline, I'll remove my old one and compare it.

It's gonna be a crappy 400 mile drive home in sunny 98*+F if I need to get a replacement since it can't get here in time!

well, you do have 6/60 A/C...

I tossed the clutch (it was smoked) and kept the compressor for rebuilding. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom