Compressor based fridge sale ends today 5/15/2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Costco has some portable fridges on sale ending today.
Have no idea how good they are but have decent reviews so far.
They have a great return policy so might be worth looking into if you are looking for a less expensive option.
If you are not a member here are the prices for reference

Massimo CX50 $270 shipped ($70 off)
Massimo CX40 $260 shipped ($60 off)
Massimo CX30 $250 shipped ($50 off)

* They are back ordered for about a week *

I have this and got it from costco. It is a legit unit. Im not sure what a dometic or more expensive cooler would get you. The upgrade from here is the blizzard box with the danfrost compressor. This says its LG compressor but its not. One could take this up with Costco as its false advertising. That being said, the unit works relatively well. with compressor off it draws something around 2 watts, with the compressor kicked on it gets upto 50+ watts while it runs. The resting temp varies within 5-6* so not bad. Overall good value.

Dang, didn’t see this til now. 50 and 40 are sold out.

I have this and got it from costco. It is a legit unit. Im not sure what a dometic or more expensive cooler would get you. The upgrade from here is the blizzard box with the danfrost compressor. This says its LG compressor but its not. One could take this up with Costco as its false advertising.

Their website alao says LG Compressor.

FWIW these are made by "Alpicool".

I have a new version of these for sale at my website. Made by Alpicool but upgraded to LG electronics and LG compressor.

PhalconOverland.com/shop

Has anyone tried one of these $50 ones?
Iceless electric cooler
Its also a heater

I want to use it to keep ice cream custard bars semi frozen for 30 minute drive. They are a $1 down south but they charge $4 at andys custard and my family goes through ~100/month.

Has anyone tried one of these $50 ones?
Iceless electric cooler
Its also a heater

I want to use it to keep ice cream custard bars semi frozen for 30 minute drive. They are a $1 down south but they charge $4 at andys custard and my family goes through ~100/month.

My goodness! That is some serious custard you guys have!

where could I get some for $1/bar...?

My goodness! That is some serious custard you guys have!

where could I get some for $1/bar...?

Need to register as reseller buy 100+
The zar bar
I recommend dark chocolate, it tastes better and does not have alcohol. Made fresh so it tastes better than super processed junk

The cooler went on sale at Costco again and I ordered one. I just received it and I peeked at the vent and saw that the compressor is a Anuodan HuaJun ZH25G and not LG like what Costco and Massimo website advertises.

Thanks! Ordered one. Will review when I get it! Setting expectations low but will be my first cooler/fridge.

Just got mine in the mail, and trying to figure how to strap it down safely in the back while keeping the open lid functional.
Please post your findings!

There are some legitimate options out there for about +$100-150 that I am also considering. This would leave a little leftover for a slide

By the way, if this is sold out, I am organizing a group buy for IceCo soon. It comes with the Secop compressor (same as most big names) with 5 year warranty, and the ih8mud discount will be 25% off via a coupon directly through their site. They also have dual zone models but they start at 65qt, so it’s a little big. Depending on how many interested, I might be able to negotiate a better discount.

I dug around a lot and considered this Alpicool unit, but for a little bit more the IceCo seems like a much better unit mainly due to the compressor.

We have a 10 day window once I tell them to activate the coupon code. So if anyone missed this sale let me know, and I will get the code online once we have about 5-10 interested.

Last edited:
Blizzard is legit. they use the same danfoss compressor the arb fridge use. Im still really liking my cheap massimo cooler. It doenst use a lot of power and does the job well. The only downside is that I think with a cheaper cooler like this the temp tolerance is far greater than on a more expensive fridge. I mean that the temp fluctuates within about 5 degrees so sometimes my stuff freezes if I set it at 33 as itll set the temp 5 degrees below 33 and then wait for the temp to raise approx 5 above my desired temp before turning on

Thanks for the info and thread. Bought the Massimo CX50 and have been keeping my beers cold in the house with it for the past week or so. Beer has been ice cold! Also seeing the 5 degree temp fluctuations as Desmothedog mentions, but I've also heard of the same problem from my brother-in-law who has a Dometic. I haven't been hitting it with a laser thermometer to confirm what the fridge's digital readout has been giving, so who knows and I don't care too much, my beer is cold. Taking it out for the first trip this weekend, so I'll see how the power draw is with one battery/no solar.

Two questions for anyone who has a Massimo/Alpicool/XtremePowerUS fridge:
  1. How are you mounting these in your truck while leaving access to the lid? They don't have the loopable handles like other fridges. I'm thinking of using the wheelie handle somehow to mount mine. Will report back when I find a solution.
  2. There was a Costco review that mentioned that these units have a hidden bluetooth feature that's also found in the Alpicool and XtremePowerUS units. Wait XtremePowerUS unit? Yeah, Homedepot has another Alpicool knock-off and they advertise bluetooth (XtremepowerUS XtremeCooler 50 qt. Portable Cooler Travel Fridge, Bluetooth System and Power Station 94018 - The Home Depot). These are all just re-branded units after all. That costco review mentioned they were able to find that their Massimo unit had bluetooth. That sent me down a rabbit hole of trying to activate the feature on my unit with no luck. My LCD display does have an un-lit bluetooth symbol on the display, but no secret menu setting has been able to activate it or make it findable with my phone. So question to y'all, did you know about the bluetooth feature and have you been able to use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom