Compression Test Results at 200,000 Kms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just reporting data here: I just had my clattery valves on the OZ 80 adjusted (thanks for the tools Dan!) and had the compression tested after. 165 straight across all 6. This is at 201,000 Kms on the ticker.

did you have somebody do this?
I'd be surprised that they all come out at exactly 165. Maybe some rounding off involved?

OZCAL said:
I was surprised at the flat number too. Yes the mechanic did it; I assumed rounding. I'll ask him how much.

probably ranged from 100 to 230, just averaged them out... :D

e9999 said:
probably ranged from 100 to 230, just averaged them out... :D

lol!

It is a different world down here...

I really do sometimes try to throw money at the mechanics, saying things like "while you're in there, do anything else you think needs doing" or "I'd rather pay you $$ today to replace a dodgy looking hose than get stuck on the beach miles from nowhere..." and they still just won't do work that isn't absolutely necessary. Good and bad. In L.A. saying things like that can be an invitation to rob me. On the other hand, I really don't want to break down on the beach in 95 degree heat, praying I'm above the high-tide mark... :D

Also, did he do it by the book - warm engine? Curious as that may yield better numbers, and I wish I had done this when I posted my figs last week.

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
Also, did he do it by the book - warm engine? Curious as that may yield better numbers, and I wish I had done this when I posted my figs last week.

DougM

No - cold engine. I dropped it off the night before so he could do the valve work without burning his fingers. Don't know if he did the compression check before or after a test drive.

David

Well, you're in good shape. Nice to know. Now get an oil sample checked out and you'll know you're good for another 200k!

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
Well, you're in good shape. Nice to know. Now get an oil sample checked out and you'll know you're good for another 200k!

DougM

He did remark that, based on some deposits he cleaned out, that it's probably never seen the same oil twice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom