Comprehensive Hole Grommet List? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
I searched the FAQ and the forum looking for comprehensive list of grommets. I know that CIty Racer offers a couple of replacement grommets, i've ordered them all, and there are a couple still grommets available from Toyota. I ordered every grommet Mr. T had available for my '71 and I'm still looking for a few. Is there a comprehensive list of currently available grommets that work for various holes? They don't have to be toyota options, any aftermarket or other brand grommet that fits the duty is OK with me.

Specifically looking for grommets that fit these holes:

- front fender turn signal holes
- FD hole in firewall
- low gear actuator rod hole in firewall
- wiring hole in drivers c-pillar (inside of barn door)
- wiring hole in drivers fender well (just inside of barn door c-pillar hole)

Well I found a good grommet for the c-pillar barn door hole for the license plate light wiring. The grommet came from an FJ60 i parted out. It's a floor plug, there were three of them under the front seat area. I drilled a hole in it and it fits great. Here is the part number: 90950-01036

Unfortunately no longer available from Toyota :(

IMG_2336.jpg

I searched the FAQ and the forum looking for comprehensive list of grommets. I know that CIty Racer offers a couple of replacement grommets, i've ordered them all, and there are a couple still grommets available from Toyota. I ordered every grommet Mr. T had available for my '71 and I'm still looking for a few. Is there a comprehensive list of currently available grommets that work for various holes? They don't have to be toyota options, any aftermarket or other brand grommet that fits the duty is OK with me.

Specifically looking for grommets that fit these holes:

- front fender turn signal holes
- FD hole in firewall
- low gear actuator rod hole in firewall
- wiring hole in drivers c-pillar (inside of barn door)
- wiring hole in drivers fender well (just inside of barn door c-pillar hole)
wiring for C-piller 90480-10300-Toyo/Sor.com
wiring for license plate to c-pillar tub 90480-19048 (also used thru-out body/tub)-Toyo (license plate hole uses another).
FD grommet 90840-26043 (it's an angled grommet)-Sor.com
Front fender signal gromme-90480-10300 (vendor outside Toyo) probably Sor.com
License plate ....90480-15194

The hardest grommet to find was the FD, and never did find the speedo (all vendors sent a different size but not the right one). I ended up using a Chevelle firewall grommet.
The fuel tank/lines (90480-40255)NLA to under body for early-I bought a Honda (82871-671-000) grommet and punched (not drilled) 2 holes in it to work-.
Under fuel tank drain I used a VW AG019G05 body plug-lets moisture out but not in vs Toyo 90950-01901

I believe my son and I have researched/replaced every rubber grommet on our 6/70 build which has a lot of 7/70+ stuff from factory. I even used a FJ60 series fuel tank (big) grommet 90480-92002 for the fuel filler to body as a gasket.

I've kept every Toyota sticker of part number that came on each package in a file and have consulted @ToyotaMatt a lot with measurements too! And if there was a thread in here about a certain grommet I tried to post/document a part #.

Last edited:
some interesting microfiche images

Last edited:
I went through all 4 or 5 microfiche pages of various clips/clamps/grommets that are listed for my '71, and I think there were only 3 or 4 of the dozen or more grommets actually available from Toyota. Thanks for posting this matt, I'll check on the ones listed on your images when I get a chance.

i use a Technique that some may consider well different .......

i measure the OD of ALL incoming grommets and record it along with any relevent data like a pre-punched hole or the like

do you have the Sheet Metal hole ID dimensions in millimeters ONLY please ......., i have hundreds or OEM Grommets simply cataloged in this fashion

if its OEM Toyota and well the right size spec. this fits the bill in my JIS world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom