1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

complimenting a woman

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bad_religion_au, Jul 24, 2005.

1. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

hands up guys, who feels frustraited when you give a girl a complement that is true (i.e. your eyes are beutiful, that dress looks stunning) and they come back with the negatives (i.e. yeah but my thighs look big)...

2. brian

brian SILVER Star

take your pants/skirt off, i'll be the judge of that.....

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

tried that... got the red mark to prove it

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

most chicks are very self conscious.
    the only good response to her comeback of "yeah, but my thighs look big" is "nonsense, your thighs look fantastic!"
    you gotta roll with it and play along.

that is...unless you want to get rid of the girl...in which case your response to "yeah, but my thighs look big" is "yeah, but not nearly as big as your ass!"

5. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog

agree with them,,,see the s*** you are in then.[twe horns appear from beneath their hair.] :mad:

6. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

Dude, stop complimenting them. Start brooding, and stop letting them know you're paying attention to what they look like. Pay them less heed, stop caring. I think you'll find that you get a lot farther that way. Compliment your mom. She could probably use a compliment right now. The hottie you met last night at the bar? She doesn't need it, and probably won't appreciate it anyway. So save your breath. Don't get me wrong, if she has great taste, or is a cool person or extra smart, pay her that compliment. Who gives a s*** that she's fine as hell? I don't care how fine her ass is, chances are some other dude's tired of it by now.

7. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

that's the compliments i mean, about taste, smart etc.. they seem to turn that back around like "so i'm ugly hey"

women... sometimes it'd be easier if we never evolved

8. Tigerstripe40

Tigerstripe40

Women are bizarre animals...

There was this one girl that I REALLY liked.
    I would tell her that her hair looked niced, she dressed cute, has a nice smile.
    What did I get for my efforts?
    Frustrated.

This girl had a nose piercing. It was a hoop, and I thought it looked silly.
    So one day I told her how stupid her nose piercing looked, and made her look like a pin cushion..

She turned bright red and got PISSED.

30 minutes later I was making out with this girl.

Nope, didn't make sense to me either...

9. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    s***,at least you can find one to compliment, I cant even get that far. Stupid Nebraska, in Boise I was beating them off me with sticks. Mutter mutter growl ....... :eek:

10. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

Bad, what the heck would you do with women if we weren't here for ya? :D

11. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

shoot em by now... this place has relieved alot of my frustrations towards many a useless farking whore.

12. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Just say, "For a fat girl, you sure don't sweat much."

See how it goes from there.

13. Biff

Biff

I prefered the back handed compliment "Ohh I love women with little meat on them, makes you look healthier", worked great especially with the "LA 10's"

14. swank60

swank60

Agreed. Soon as you start putting a woman on a pedestal, she uses the height advantage to scope out the crowd for a guy who isn't going to do that crap.

Compliments make everyone uncomfortable unless you're some kind of egomaniac. Save the "pretty eye" crap for someone you have an established relationship with (on Valentines day or one of those other made up, BS chick-centric days) or say something nice to Moms.

*sidenote: women don't seriously like sensitive guys. They'll take a sensitive guy shoe shopping, but you'll never get out of the "friend zone". This doens't mean you should be a dick, either. Don't put 'em on pedestals or treat them like crap - mutual respect goes a long way. ;)

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

this is indeed what i was talking about... not random hotties...

16. cruise4070

cruise4070

Years ago I told a coworker I liked her haircut. She burst out in tears and had to leave the room. I didnt know I was about the 20th person to comment - she went from long hair to short just before graduation pictures and was stressed out.
    Since then I will make a generic comments- You got your hair cut, or Oh thats a new outfit. I dont offer an opinion - that gets you in trouble!
    But not even noticing is worse. :rolleyes:

17. nyk438

nyk438

Don't compliment, be an assh*ole, for some reason girls try harder to get you to like them, when they think you don't like them, strange creatures these women...course the chicks I'm talking about are all 18-20 :D

18. swank60

swank60

I mean "established" as in "married established".

Don't buy flowers more than once a year, and only if they ever say "Why don't you buy me flowers?"

19. Biff

Biff

Yes women are "ATTENTION WHORES", the more you give to them the more they crave it. Start complimenting them regularly and you land right on the "friend zone" like some just said. I agree 100% about being an a******, to women-to this day I never say a word to a hot chicks, never open the door for them, never let them go first prety much treating them like s*it. I love it, and they (hot chics) wonder why I'm not being nice to them. Ofcourse now I can't do sh*t but when I was single-owww weeee I got me some :)

20. nyk438

nyk438

Now I got the method, just gotta put it to use the right way....