Complete Power Steering setup for 1F and FJ40/55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zuluzeugma

SILVER Star
Threads
I have the steering box and pump from an FJ62 with a braided stainless line on the High Pressure side. All the brackets are home-made but it bolted directly on the pass. side of the motor. If I can't sell it for what I have into it, I'll just keep for a later project. I've done all the engineering so you don't have to!

Price: $300
Joshstralow (at) gmail (dot) com
DSCN1064.jpg
DSCN1065.jpg
DSCN1066.jpg

P.S. - Its not oil on everything. I had just pulled it out of the parts washer

If it works on a 1F it should work on a 2f just the same, right?

Maybe, Maybe not. All the castings were essentially the same; where the holes were drilled for brackets, etc may be different. Hope that helps.

So quick question. On my 1969 FJ55 the gaerbox on it now is incorporated into the shock mount. If I went this route would I just take out one of the linkage arms and install infront of the shock etc...? Just want to clarify that I know how this would work... Thanks

Correct, I took the stock shock tower out and replaced it with a hoop.

I'm interested in your setup, but I'll be completely honest, I've never done a mod such as power steering. How hard would it be for someone who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty?

Maybe a good long Sat. You will need access to at minimum a nice drill and or a welder. Its really not that bad. Let me know if you want it. I'm gana put everything on GAY-BAY this weekend if I don't hear from anyone.

willing to seperate?maybe pump/pulley and bracket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom