??? Complete....Desmog questions ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I am installing a 2F from a 1982 FJ60 into my 1966 FJ45

I have read many...many threads.. but cant seem to find a couple answers

I would like to have nothing smog related involved....can this be done using the 82 carb and dist....? We live at almost sea level...and at the most will travel to local Mts 7k'

There is of course no wiring in a 66 harness for VSV or fuel decel. cutoff, vac switch or switch to carb..

Another question...while we are at it...

Would it be easier to source an earlier intake and exhaust manifold from an early 2F or F w/o smog for this
AND...are all F and 2F intake and exhaust manifolds mix and match ???

Thanks for any and all HELP

F and 2 F manifolds are slightly different (I think the mounting bolts/studs are slightly bigger for the 2F), but with a little grinding and F intake can work on a 2F. Using an 82 carb in a no smog application seems to be more hassle than it is worth unless you are having Jim or Mark rebuild it anyway. I would just get a Trollhole carb and run your existing FJ60 dizzy.

The easy way would be to get a non-USA carb and non-USA distributor.
Alternatively, you could just wire up one wire of the idle fuel solenoid to the key on power at the voltage regulator, ground the other wire and put up with the results.

F and 2 F manifolds are slightly different (I think the mounting bolts/studs are slightly bigger for the 2F), but with a little grinding and F intake can work on a 2F. Using an 82 carb in a no smog application seems to be more hassle than it is worth unless you are having Jim or Mark rebuild it anyway. I would just get a Trollhole carb and run your existing FJ60 dizzy.

I think the exhaust would be the first to be replaced since if I pull the smog Ill end up having to cover 2 large ports.
Same differance F and 2F exhaust manifold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom