Comp4x4??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if any of you have ever ordered any parts from Comp 4x4. I ordered two 1 3/4'' spindles about three weeks ago and they took the money but haven't heard a word since. I've emailed, called and no response. Any similar experiences with them? Are they just slow to ship/respond? Thanks

Did you ever hear back from them or receive the things you bought?
I am going through the same thing with them right now. Going on two weeks after purchase with no signs of life. Havent heard back from them on emails and phone calls. Seems like a common issue when you Google their name. Getting close to disputing the transaction through Paypall.

No nothing after a month now. Reached out hear and nothing either until you. To bad sounds like they make a good product, spindles are what I ordered but what a waste of time still no place for my spare. Gave them a chance but piss on them, I filled a claim today with my bank they reimburse me and will handle them. I"d do the same if I were you. Since I have you attention. I'm copping the guy here who sells kits for swingouts using stock 80 bumper. Any idea where to get the spindles with the sleeve that welds to frame? Thanks and good luck

Im not familiar with anything that would be a direct fit to the frame. Doesnt mean it doesnt exist somewhere though. I am building a bumper with a double shear hinge on the face, so I havent researched spindle options much.

I assume it wouldnt be terribly hard to get some DOM tubing as a sleeve around the spindle. Then youd just weld some flat plate to the tubing and the other end to the frame. Good luck with your build.

Use the link button in the tool bar above the post to insert amazon links. Those don't play well here for whatever reason.
OK Thanks!

Swingout Spindle

I also see that Comp4X4 is listed on the same page in Amazon.

Also can get from RuffStuff.

I'm going through the same thing with Jared at Comp4x4. I ordered the heavy duty Spindle last March 15th and then ordered 2 sets of the pop pins and pin plates in April while waiting for the Spindle to arrive. When I ordered the spindle, the website said there was one in stock. After I purchased it, it said it was now out of stock, as expected. After waiting for several weeks I emailed Jared and he replied that he was waiting for a new shipment to come in. WTF? Did he oversell and I was the looser? Anyway I patiently waited for him to receive his shipment and decided to order the pop pins and plates. I was going to order another spindle which he said he would add to the order, but there was no way to order it on the website since it was still sold out, and he wouldn't respond to my request to order it by sending money through PayPal. Finally in April he said he had the spindle and pop pins & plates in stock and would send them out ASAP. On April 27th the package arrived. The spindle was there and looked great, but the pop pins & plates were MIA. I emailed Jared and he responded "Alright, Let me double check here. Everything should have gone out together. I'll be in touch". I emailed back again twice the next day and finally on the 30th he responded, "I have plates. I am waiting on another order of pop pins. It will probably be first part of next week though. Sorry for the delay."

That was the last time I heard from him. I found his number on PayPal and called this morning. It went start to voicemail after telling me the recipient was not available. Looks like I'm out $85 and 2 months of progress on the carrier! I guess I need to get PayPal involved to hopefully get my money back.

If anyone needs a TIRE CARRIER HINGE KIT - HEAVY DUTY - 1-3/4" SPINDLE SHAFT with a 4.200 sleeve, PM me, I might be giving this one up and going another direction. :censor:

Pixelwrangler, you had way more communication with comp4x4 than I did at least, I had zero.

Heads up on heavy duty spindles/pop-up pins etc. I found them right here in my own backyard at PolyPerformance San Luis Obispo, Ca. No bull right off the shelf. I also just ordered Longfield axel kit from them too. Anyway double swingout is done!

Update:
After filing a complaint with PayPal, my case was resolved and I received a full refund for the items that weren't shipped. Through the process I again attempted to contact Comp4x4 and their phone number now appears to be disconnected. Unfortunately for the unknowing, their website is still alive and taking orders. Buyer beware!

I have decided to go another direction on the tire carrier so will post the one HD spindle I did receive in the classifieds.

@sean mullahey Are you okay with me moving this to the Bad Seller section?

Rigger, If you are asking for my approval absolutely and its not just us here. I've read other reviews from other sites etc. and they have had similar issues with Comp4x4. Just going to help others from having the same problems we've had and worse set me back 1.5 months on my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom