For Sale Comox Bc 1987 bj74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1987 bj74 13bt turbo auto trans 200000kms. new in last 5000 kms,all belts,both steering knuckles rebuilt,wheel bearings,new batteries,OME Springs shocks and steering stabilizer,wheels and tires. Truck runs and drives excellent has 2 24v to 12v converters for stereo and trailer lights. PTO winch and cable lockers. Truck has some rust on 1/4 panels and bottom corner of from fenders as seen in the pics. Frame is in good shape. 15000cad

18B8231C-C408-42FA-BA84-97C5ACCEDFFA.png

72CC677F-C60D-4F83-8AAD-E900A8801B80.jpeg

F494A5B1-6267-445E-8B40-0D4510930D2B.jpeg

CCE1EA65-556E-407E-BFA4-9EC0A55EA12B.jpeg

25FD5A2B-AAFF-41A2-A4D2-6B69D6A0B70A.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! Is the rust issue going to be recoverable or is this the reason you're getting rid of the vehicle? I'm across the continent so I'm just trying to get a better understanding from here. Looks like a nice LC! Do you have any back story to the vehicle? Any major repairs or anything like that needed now or soon?

Thanks for the pics! Is the rust issue going to be recoverable or is this the reason you're getting rid of the vehicle? I'm across the continent so I'm just trying to get a better understanding from here. Looks like a nice LC! Do you have any back story to the vehicle? Any major repairs or anything like that needed now or soon?
I would replace the front fenders mostly because replacements are cheap. The rear 1/4 panels are certainly fixable. I had hired a local guy to POR 15 the frame but when I checked in on him he was getting it everywhere so that’s only half done. I’m getting rid of the truck because I need a truck for work and travel 1500kms each way. I bought it locally and drove it the way I bought it for a month or so then started throwing parts at it. First the springs were squeaking and saggy so I bought new ones then the tires seemed to grab every rock on the highway and not offer much traction in the rain so I replaced those. Then I started with general maintenance and wearable items (belts,wheel bearings etc.) honestly I never thought I would sell it. I have owned a land cruiser of some variety since I was 16 years old and keep on buying them fixing them then losing money on them. I guess that’s how it goes with cruisers. The truck was imported to a dealer 40kms up the road and driven locally before I bought it. I have it in storage and am not currently daily driving it. I will try and upload a video later.

Do you have pictures of the front of the vehicle? Also, I can't tell for sure - are there roll bars in this LC with the FRP top?

Hi Auger, does the AC work? Any quirks about the vehicle? Would it be ok to assume it's safe to drive home if I'm interested?
The AC does work. I drove it in summer heat 3000kms to northern BC and back. Having said that it is a 30 year old system and it isn’t nearly as cold as a new vehicles AC. I’m getting a compression test done when I get back from work around the 18th of March. But yeah it would make it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom