Commisioned projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would you guys think if someone was paid (not necessarily in dollars) to post a detailed description/process of certain mods to the 40? Like the power steering modification that the last post speaks to where most have done their own conversion without the need of a kit. I find that the tech section sometimes does not cover enough detail or insight. I have done this before on another board (custom guitar amp building) and it worked great. Barter for the benefit of the community. I would certainly be willing to commission someone to accurately describe how they modified their 40 for PS for under 300.00.

Just a thought.

Juke

OK...no body like that one?

give me your lc, and i'll post pics after i do the mod.

;) You got a deal. When you want it?

;

Oh, by the way. No disrespect intended to anyone who wrote in the tech articles. Not my point. Just would like a little more detail like pulley part number, steering box number or year etc...

juke,
I have not done this mod yet, but intend on doing so in the next few weeks. i'll make two of all neccesary parts, and swap for beer. you can check out my install after i get it done. If you need help doing install, i'll see waht i can do.

I think that anything is better than nothing, and while there may be places that have gaps, nine times out of ten, the questions about a specific issue in a process, can be answered very fast out here.

This is volunteer, and while it may help the group, someone in the end still needs to comit the time, energy and resources to producing something. Further, when many people see something in text, or a picture, they think that it is the end all, and only way, and with this, and anything, that could not be further from fact.

Good luck!

-Steve

Juke-

I have a '91 or 2 100W Yamaha/Soldano amp...is it worth anything?

Woody did mention a few weeks ago that he would add a tech section on power steering conversions.
I cant find the thread in the search page at the moment[doesnt work to good ]
I did post some pics of my PS conversion on my BJ40
it works good n would be willing to make a detailed description available if you want [my Bj is right hand drive ]
The thread that Woody started was good info Sorry i cant find it
Any way why pay we are all in this to help each other out,
If you want some one to do the workfor you then pay
Its the same as the SOA details,they were free to us and we did it as per the article but to our own ideas and it worked out fine
regds
Ron

[quote author=needamod link=board=1;threadid=11303;start=msg102769#msg102769 date=1076454271]
are you talking about a guitar amp?? Do you play??
[/quote]

Yes I am, and I hack away at it...own a couple guitars, and a bass rig...

-Steve

we should all have a mountain jam somewhere, i have a drum or two.

so a commision??? i work for beer. i have not documented well in photos all my mods, but can go through it all for anyone needing info, of course i know nothing about 40's

[quote author=RHINO link=board=1;threadid=11303;start=msg102837#msg102837 date=1076459600]
we should all have a mountain jam somewhere, i have a drum or two.

so a commision??? i work for beer. i have not documented well in photos all my mods, but can go through it all for anyone needing info, of course i know nothing about 40's
[/quote]

Banjo???

:flipoff2:

[quote author=RHINO link=board=1;threadid=11303;start=msg102856#msg102856 date=1076460928]
bwahaha yup still have the banjo, dont play it much anymore though
[/quote]

Same here.

Ethan has no idea what to think when I pick it up and start pickin..

Sorry Juke, got carried away with the banjo thing. This is a free site and if there was anyone close to me that would be willing to document what I/we where doing to my/their cruiser, then I'd be more than willing to donate my time. I have my cruiser and work on it in the name of fun.

Good attitudes fellows! Poser, Soldano is a nice amp. Typically used for Rock genres. I am probably what most refer to as a semi professional musician i.e. I have played 15000 person venues, festivals, cut CD's. My music is my passion. I am into more of the vintage market i.e. old Fenders and Gibsons. I got tired of paying 2-3k for an instrument and/or amp (yes I have paid for a piece of wood that would rival a good vehicle's price) and taight myself how to make amplifiers. It is very enjoyable for me b/c I can shape the tone of my instrument and make it for way less. My amps typically run 1500.00. Sounds like you guys are into Bluegrass and mountain music. You would love it here in KY. Arguably it is the foundation of what you and I would call Bluegrass.

Anyway, knowledge is the greatest gift one can give. IMOP. And it is beautiful to see such sharing on the board.

Juke

hey juke, i have an old ampeg and a jap strat... can't play but gave it a try years ago. I always wanted to sing, sometimes hit a karaoke when i've had enough brew. bet I sound real good then!

Huge blues fan here... Wanted to be Stevie Ray, bought the Strat & '70 Fender Twin Reverb amp... Tanked. I mostly suck. Sold/traded the rig for a Fender resophonic acoustic to play the old blues like Robert Johnson. Still working on that... Not much luck though. Eah, it's a hobby like my 'Cruisers... Nice to have a guitar around the house though.

But I LISTEN to a lot of blues... Does that count?

Now, my wife is the musician... She plays bass. Got a bass rig in the closet too.

Outback: I play blues as well. 50's and 60's only. I mainly play a hollowbody 295 type. AND, man, we need the listeners just as much as the players. I know we are bordering on chat here, but give me a buzz (anyone) if you ever want your guitar/amp tuned up or if you are interested in some music exchange.

Juke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom