comments on CCOT HFS suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am wondering if any of those who have put the 4 inch HFS lift on thier 40's would like to comment on what they like and what they don't. Am considering going with this setup but would like some real customer input. I've read some of the other postings but am looking for current comments. Thanks

It’s a toss-up between 4" HFS and 4" BDS for myself. Leaning toward the BDS cause of the warranty!

Im curious as well!!!!

RUfj40crazy said:
It’s a toss-up between 4" HFS and 4" BDS for myself. Leaning toward the BDS cause of the warranty!

Im curious as well!!!!
I have interest in this thread as I am too considering these springs.

Dude, reread his post. He is asking for opinions of people WHO HAVE USED THIS KIT. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with a warranty. Me too, ditto, BTDT. No hard feelings by your post is irrelevant.

CCOT HFS springs are a little longer than BDS Springs which improves the shackle angle out of the box. BDS have to break in to get the proper shackle angle. CCOT HFS come wth the rear pasenger shim to fix Cruiser lean. I looked into buying them but I ended up getting BDS for the almost $300 lower price.

And yes I read his post and and yes this post has nothing to do with it but RUFJ40crazy started it first :flipoff2:

:D

Kevin

who is running the HFS 4 inch kit?

They have to have sold some of these. I know there are cruiser heads out there with an opinion. Give it up people!!! :doh:

So far, I like mine. They were, of course, a little stiff at first. They are breaking in nicely. The longer spring puts the shackle at a better angle than other lift springs and put the tire nicely in the middle of the rear wheel well. Some people will say you don't need to extend your drivelines. I wasn't comfortable with how extended my slip joints were at rest, so I had the drivelines lengthened. I'm glad I did.

YMMV.

Last edited:
Wngrog is running them on his family hauler and I think he is pleased with them.

wngrog said:
Great springs. Made at the same plant as BDS springs with better features and benefits. If you like BDS springs, you will love CCOT HFS springs.

Nolan......Show us the pictures again!!

Radd Cruisers said:
They SUCK.............

My customer put them in and then pulled them to rearch them, they are flat again and Ccot did nothing for him from the get go.

Hey Radd,
Were those on a 40, or something heavier? Mine have settled just a very small amount, front and rear. I put them on somewhere around this past Christmas. The topless 40 is pretty light, but I have packed it full of gear, fuel, and water on a couple of trips now and the springs are holding up very well.

So far, I'm very pleased with them. I'll certainly pipe up if I start having problems with them.

spotcruiser said:
Hey Radd,
Were those on a 40, or something heavier? Mine have settled just a very small amount, front and rear. I put them on somewhere around this past Christmas. The topless 40 is pretty light, but I have packed it full of gear, fuel, and water on a couple of trips now and the springs are holding up very well.

So far, I'm very pleased with them. I'll certainly pipe up if I start having problems with them.

They are on a 60 series, maybe just a bad set.

Design appears good, although for some reason they are going dead flat in short time...

Rob

I was the first to own a set and have had them on for over 1 yr now. I think they are the excellent! Ride quality is smooth and the fex is outstanding. My cruiser leaned at first but then i installed the leveler shim and now its perfect. About the only thing that is a little dissapointing is that i have to air down to get into the garage ;)

Radd Cruisers said:
They are on a 60 series, maybe just a bad set.

Design appears good, although for some reason they are going dead flat in short time...

Rob

Radd,
Do you know if your friend complained several times in the CCOT forum? If so the situation can be found by a search in their place and apparently your friend's problem was with an early generation of the FJ60 HFS kit. Even so, he is the only complainer to be found that way at least as of about a year ago. Later kits, both for FJ60 and for FJ40 do not seem to have generated such problems.

Also, I had the impression that CCOT did offer to exchange the springs but the person had to either ship or bring them to their location at his expense which he was not very happy about.

Radd - From what I understand the 60 springs are not holding up like the 40 springs are (that may have been from the other thread).

I have BDS springs and really wish they had a better shackle angle. I just removed a 300 pound tire carrier and now the rear shackles are 'bout vertical.

I have talked to Gaylon(sp) at CCOT about getting 60 springs for my 40 and it took about a week for for the first call to be returned then I've heard nothing back from him....not too impressed with the customer service. Had a similar issue with a NEW junk master cylinder....Oh well.

I'd sure like to run a set HFS's to compare them to my BDS's but no reason to ditch perfectly good springs.

66fj40x2 said:
I have talked to Gaylon(sp) at CCOT about getting 60 springs for my 40 and it took about a week for for the first call to be returned then I've heard nothing back from him....

Man, you are sure going to confuse him with that one. The 60 springs are only 2.5" lift and you are looking for 4"

Call Alcan and get a set of custom springs OR move your rear shackle hanger in toward the axle.

wngrog said:
Man, you are sure going to confuse him with that one. The 60 springs are only 2.5" lift and you are looking for 4"

Call Alcan and get a set of custom springs OR move your rear shackle hanger in toward the axle.

I asked him specifically if they were 4" springs too..... prolly just as well he didn't call back then.

Hi All:

"Spotcruiser" neglects to mention that he just got back from a weekend 'wheeling trip in his project FJ40 equipped with the HFS 4 inch suspension. His rig did very well with 33X12.5 BFG M/Ts over the rutted, muddy, hilly trails we covered.

We also have another buddy that has had the HFS 4 inch kit on his FJ40 for nearly a year, I think, and he seems pretty happy with it. This guy is running 35 inch tires, BTW.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Spotcruiser" wrote:

So far, I like mine. They were, of course, a little stiff at first. They are breaking in nicely. The longer spring puts the shackle at a better angle than other lift springs and put the tire nicely in the middle of the rear wheel well. Some people will say you don't need to extend your drivelines. I wasn't comfortable with how extended my slip joints were at rest, so I had the drivelines lengthened. I'm glad I did.

Thanks for all the input. I'll let you know which way I turn. Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom