Coming from a AWD V8 Buick Rainier...how different will the LX 470 be? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have been enjoying my brief time on this forum. Someone on clublexus suggested those interested in the LX's come over here. Already have a very favorable opinion of Lexus as we've owned a LS 400.

Live in a rural part of WNY and the rare LX 470's that come up for sale are a long drive away, so I've only been able to admire them from afar, but I'd like to change that soon.

The Rainier was totaled due to icy roads (and likely also due to a lack of a stability control system until the '06 models), so we could replace it with another one, or a LX 470. I'd like to keep the budget to $10K for starters.

Thanks for any help.

Skip

If you don't mind buying sight unseen, 99-2001 470s pop up in SC, NC and GA pretty frequently for less than $10k.

I've never driven a ranier, but I couldn't imagine them being too horrible as they were marketed as a luxury suv. The 470 will most certainly be more capable off-road.

An under $10K vehicle will need care and feeding, whether a Buick or a Lexus. Do you do your own work? If not, which brand will you have better local support for parts and service?

If you don't mind buying sight unseen, 99-2001 470s pop up in SC, NC and GA pretty frequently for less than $10k.

I've never driven a ranier, but I couldn't imagine them being too horrible as they were marketed as a luxury suv. The 470 will most certainly be more capable off-road.

Thanks. Dimensionally they are almost he same. Handling leaves something to be desired. The Saab version is better.
Considering those too as they went up to '09. Downside is they don't exist obviously.

Thanks.

An under $10K vehicle will need care and feeding, whether a Buick or a Lexus. Do you do your own work? If not, which brand will you have better local support for parts and service?

Some. Also have a friend who charges me a nominal rate.

OEM parts sources are 1 hr away. Good thing is the plan is for it not to be a DD.

100 series is going to be a lot nicer vehicle. Will be an SUV version of LS400 but better. $10k is hard to get a nice ine, but I'd rather have 300k mile 100 series than a modern Buick.

100 series is going to be a lot nicer vehicle. Will be an SUV version of LS400 but better. $10k is hard to get a nice ine, but I'd rather have 300k mile 100 series than a modern Buick.

Been searching on a few diffetent sites. Using a max price of $13K to negotiate down from, and a max of 199K miles, CarGurus showed 123 LX470's.

Used Cars, New Cars, Reviews, Photos and Opinions

In total there were 283 LX470's listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom