Column shift linkage removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 69’ fj40 was converted to floor shift at some point in its life. The linkage is taking up some unnecessary space in the engine bay. How much of it can I remove? There is a bolt holding the largest piece that can be removed but I just want to make sure it’s not hold anything else in the steering column. Attached are some picks and what I see in the FSM. If anyone else has done this what else did you remove? Thanks!

9E70C4D9-245E-45DC-8702-4F1B8C67A8B8.jpeg

0DA903F9-E18B-45CD-A63F-FA45581160C3.jpeg

226B25A9-1EDF-4468-A603-5F08E579D57A.jpeg

You can remove it all. Nothing to worry about. To remove the main collar it has to be slipped of the steering wheel end of the column which requires a lot of disassembly. The other parts come off fairly easily.

When you do please mail it to me. I’ll pay shipping. Especially the reverse light switch and bracket. There aren’t many of us left still running the column shift.

You can remove it all. Nothing to worry about. To remove the main collar it has to be slipped of the steering wheel end of the column which requires a lot of disassembly. The other parts come off fairly easily.

When you do please mail it to me. I’ll pay shipping. Especially the reverse light switch and bracket. There aren’t many of us left still running the column shift.
Thanks. Will do as I don’t see it ever going back on once removed. Doesn’t it just unscrew from wheel area? Is the disassembly your referring too the wheel, horn etc but the column simply unscrews once that stuff is removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom