Columbus Day Weekend to Moab (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like beautiful weather - can't wait!

My leave for Thursday was approved, so I will probably follow David and Steve.

Vince

Ya know. There was a time when camping was easy. Twenty minutes in the garage and I'm gone. For some reason it now seems to take a week's worth of evenings to get ready, and there have been times I still forgot something. Sure was easier in the old days.

No E-hill for me. We'll be at the KOA.

G

A group of us from the FJ Cruiser forum are making another run this weekend as well. I think we are hitting MaobRim and Hells Revenge on Friday (meeting at City Market 8:00) and GBR/GS/PS on Saturday (leaving earlier for sure) and undecided for the Sunday run. Maybe we should all hook up for a Sunday run?

And if not you guys have a great time anyway I know we will :cheers:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...230-2nd-annual-columbus-day-weekend-moab.html

Ropedrag

Hook up with FJCs?

That could be great, depending on how many people you will have. We are planning on GS Sunday. If you have a lot, GS could be slow with all of us - and we would swap our Saturday and Sunday runs. How many are you thinking will be there? We could do GS on Saturday and Behind the Rocks on Sunday. Lots of options. Maybe we could get together Thursday night and figger it out...

What's the consensus, especially from the E Hill contingent?

A group of us from the FJ Cruiser forum are making another run this weekend as well. I think we are hitting MaobRim and Hells Revenge on Friday (meeting at City Market 8:00) and GBR/GS/PS on Saturday (leaving earlier for sure) and undecided for the Sunday run. Maybe we should all hook up for a Sunday run?

And if not you guys have a great time anyway I know we will :cheers:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...230-2nd-annual-columbus-day-weekend-moab.html

Ropedrag

Last edited:
I agree with Steve - I think the key question is how big is their group. It would be fun to run with some FJCs, but the bigger the overall group gets, the pace slows way down.

I could go either way. I may consider running with them for Friday morning (sounds like Moab Rim), because it seems like we won't see you E-Hill guys down at the KOA until lunchtime?

Evan

Jennie and I won't be able to leave until Friday AM, so Fri run is out for us. We'll see ya'll Friday evening at the KOA. And for those interested in manual wheeling, we'll be bringing our mtn bikes to join Jill Williams and anyone else who wants to ride the slick rock trail, etc.

-Dave

Ya know. There was a time when camping was easy. Twenty minutes in the garage and I'm gone. For some reason it now seems to take a week's worth of evenings to get ready, and there have been times I still forgot something. Sure was easier in the old days.

Poor baby.
Wait until you have kids!
juane

Juane,
Since Greg bailed out of the Moab trip, that leaves a slot open for you. Can you make it?

-Mike-

You think?!?

Maybe.

Uhhh.... If you're thinking of having kids by next year you better get hopping. Or something.

...Or something.

If I become a natural father I'll name the kid Houdini. Plus, the last time I checked there needs to be a woman involved.

I agree with Steve - I think the key question is how big is their group. It would be fun to run with some FJCs, but the bigger the overall group gets, the pace slows way down.

I could go either way. I may consider running with them for Friday morning (sounds like Moab Rim), because it seems like we won't see you E-Hill guys down at the KOA until lunchtime?

Evan

I'm thinking we will have 5 to 7 rigs with the majority having Moab experiance.

Moab Rim Friday morning would be great if any of you guys can make it!

I'm thinking we will have 5 to 7 rigs with the majority having Moab experiance.

Moab Rim Friday morning would be great if any of you guys can make it!

5 to 7 is about what we will have. How long would it take with a dozen rigs?

That could be great, depending on how many people you will have. We are planning on GS Sunday. If you have a lot, GS could be slow with all of us - and we would swap our Saturday and Sunday runs. How many are you thinking will be there? We could do GS on Saturday and Behind the Rocks on Sunday. Lots of options. Maybe we could get together Thursday night and figger it out...

It doesn't matter to me. I'm game for just about anything on Sunday. Saturday might be difficult since I'm not coming off EHill until then ... don't plan or work around that. I'll find something to do. There is more to Moab than slickrock. :grinpimp:

i don't care too much as long as we get to do Behind the Rocks. Jill hasn't seen that one yet. she is little tired of Golden Spike, we've done it at least 3 times together and once on my own. i can do harder lines to make it more interesting for me, so i'm up for going Saturday. Jon can do BTRocks with us that way. we can be fairly fluid on decisions, i think. our group size is dwindling. :rolleyes::flipoff2:

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom