Colorado Winter Trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but we’re on a spontaneous trip in Colorado and I’m having a hard time finding info on trails that might be open.
Currently in Pagosa Springs, headed to Durango/Pergatory area for 3 days, then off to Crested Butte.
Did some searching, and Ophir pass looks to be in my area, but everyone’s posts are in the summer months.
Are all the passes closed in the winter?

I tried looking on a few gov sites, but none are up-to-date:

Also, this doesn’t seem to be a great time to check out towns since the CoCoRona is running rampant, so we’re mainly looking for thinks to do/see. Not so much restaurants or skiing.

Any recommendations after Crested Butte?
Should we keep going to WY or it’s all the same as what we’re in now (snow)?

Try bushducks.com. But most passes are closed in winter. Even some paved passes get closed in winter. You will need to stay at low altitude like 8500 feet and lower

The vast majority of the typical colorado trails are going to be impossible without a snow machine by now. If you really want to do some decent stuff swing over through Monticello and Moab. Wouldn't be too far out of the way and a great wheeling destination.. and depending on what the weather has been doing a lot of it might still be open. Definitely enough to do some exploring.

You can also check TrailsOffRoad.com and filter by winter trails. Yankee Hill near Idaho Springs is year round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom