Colorado trip pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tripleplate.com
Allright, these are overdue. Here are the one's that I've scanned in so far. These were off of my camera and since I was driving, most aren't action shots. But, my "navigator" took a bunch with his camera and I'll get my hands on those too. Enjoy!

fb4d6dc6.jpg

This shot was taken in Mayflower Gulch near Leadville.

fb4d6dcd.jpg

Same place but down below tree line.

fb4d6dd7.jpg

No trip to Colorado is complete without a trip to Slee's. I took a moment to admire the Yellow Bus's 8" of lift. Meanwhile Christo was busy breaking stuff in the Dakotas.

fb4d6dce.jpg

Our camp spot near Gunnison. Got some nice mtn biking in there.

fb5207cd.jpg

On the way up Pearl Pass, me driving. That was some incredible scenery!

fb4d6dd0.jpg

same

fb4baf48.jpg

Summit of Pearl Pass. We only saw 2 dirt bikers over the course of the trail.

fb4baf58.jpg

fb5207c9.jpg

Emerald lake right below Schofield pass. We were gearing up to ride the 401 trail on bikes. Definately one of the most scenic mountain bike trails in the country.

fb4baf3c.jpg

Sunset above tree line.

fb4baf6f.jpg

We met up with Hlltopper down in Silverton and ran Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass. This is at the summit of Black Bear. Awesome.

fb5207d1.jpg

Descending down Black Bear with Telluride below.

fb5207d7.jpg

Action shot I took while trying to drive.

fb5207d5.jpg

H putting the pressure on the slow moving Defender 90. This is the part of Black Bear that everyone talks about as being scary, well, it is. Driving down the rock ledges with the huuuuge exposure to the left and your view limited to the town of Teluride a couple of thousand feet below off of the end of your hood is definately intimidating.

fb4baf68.jpg

After a quick lunch in Telluride we proceede up Imogene Pass 13,140ft! Words cannot describe the scenery so I'm not even going to bother trying to describe it, you just have to see it.

fb4baf63.jpg

Another summit pic.

fb4b7f36.jpg

Andrew, Amanda, and Ethan on Imogene.

fb4b7f3c.jpg

On the way down Imogene, Ethan and Amanda hamming it up. The funny thing is, he actually rode a large portion of the trail on my roof basket.

fb4b7f34.jpg

My buddy Justin running Carnage Creek near Boulder. Nice rig, nice trail, a healthy dose of excitement.

fb4b7f2f.jpg

fb4b7f2e.jpg

I'll post the rest when I get them. Now H, let's see your shots! :D

Nice pics and great looking trucks. Please have a look at my post on roof racks and weatherstripping. Looks like you have first hand experience.

Extremely cool pics. Actually summiting a place like Imogene in your Cruiser has got to be sweet.

When are you gonna make it back up North, coach?

-H-

I put some 864's on mine as a test and they put me in the clouds. How much are you packing in the back of that thing?

one word...
[glow=green,2,300]AWESOME!![/glow]

Outstanding Pics...and that is a killer trip you took!

later,
-Joe M.-

Yeah, H, lets get that film developed before I forget what I'm looking at. ;)

Eric, H is right, I'm running the 850/863 spring combo with 33x12,50 BFG Mud Terrain KM's.

Yooper, I'm thinking of trying to get up there this weekend. Would you be up for some wheeling? Unfortunately it will be just a visit. Man, I'm going to have to change my name to LP Cruiser here soon, or Troll Cruiser :-[. Looks like I'm taking a job near Petoskey for the winter. Everything is still up in the air. I'll give you a call if I can get up there.

I'm so jelous it hurts. I was out in ouray visiting a friend last week and i did one of those jeep tour things up imogine pass. Being in an area like that with out the LC is like Billy Joel with out a piano. :(I almost cried. But I've got one hell of an incentive for next year. Sweet pictures Looks like you had one hell of a time.

-Bryan

That is so true. There was jeeps everywhere and no one had a clue how to drive a stick car up a hill. Oh well I just need to get out there and show off the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom