For Sale Colorado: Northwest Fab Blackbox for 80 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I have a Black Box that goes 80 series Transmission to 80 series Transfer Case. It's new in the box with the shift cable kit. Price new is $3,618 plus shipping and import fees. I'm looking for $2500 for the whole kit. Link to the product is below:

Let me know if you have any questions or would like pictures of the kit. I haven't even opened the box yet.

thanks,

Tim

Price drop, $1800 for the kit, let me know if you have any questions

pm sent

This is just for manual transmissions yeah?
No, the input shaft is the same for the auto or manual. Most guys put it behind the auto to get like marlin crawler type gearing. What year is yours?

Anyone on mud have some RL experience with these? Looks interesting. Marketed as "offroad" use only. Does it have an adverse effect on highway speeds?

It doesn’t have any adverse effect on highway speeds. Marketed as “off-road” that’s for regulatory and compliance mainly for CA
It doesn’t have adverse affect on highway speeds. Some people attach an extra oil cooler (pump, radiator and some hosing) to make sure the oil doesn’t overheat. There is a guy on 80 series Land Cruiser on Facebook that installed it. Some 60 series threads on it too. High gear is still 1:1 so it wouldn’t affect your gearing in high gear.

Hey quick note, this only works with the earlier years 80 series with the A442 trans, not the a343.

Yeah. I have a 94 so I'm pretty sure it would work. I've been digging around a bit looking for folks that have some experience with it.
Does it involve another shifter?

Yeah. I have a 94 so I'm pretty sure it would work. I've been digging around a bit looking for folks that have some experience with it.
Does it involve another shifter?
Yes, I have the sifters in the kit

I'm regearing to 4.88s next month, but these wouldn't get in the way of that right? This is just for low range/offroading?
That is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom