For Sale Colorado/No Affiliation/96 LC/low miles/Nightshadow Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I would share sharp looking truck. Not affiliated with the seller
15A3C594-1C02-4654-84B5-DC57165DE9EA.png
53A2123E-E27C-4001-A27C-EFF50A07D03C.jpeg
026D3FE7-B71A-4609-B62C-96113C65BECE.jpeg
6B78BC29-5003-4C1E-A79F-3C8F9651BBD0.jpeg
8842AE28-CBE3-4C75-BA2D-8BAA29717B28.jpeg

For having that many miles on the body but still looking super clean is 14k a little over priced or is that about right?

This truck is a very clean truck, i just spent 30 minutes talking to the owner and going over the truck and what all has been done to it. There is zero rust on this truck. The only concerns I have is what engine was put into the truck as a replacement, i am waiting on paperwork to see what all they know about the engine mileage wise and such. The only thing i saw weird about it is that the engine sticker/plate isn't on the front. It also has a leak at the front of the engine that i assume is the oil pump seal but other than those two things it is a very nice truck.

Can I get some additional feedback from everyone watching this thread? I drove it yesterday and really liked it. Engine is very clean, drives straight as an arrow and shifts perfectly. There is a light oil leak toward the front but hell, that's pretty common on these things. Per your remarks Trent, the wild card here is that it's not the original engine. Very clean underneath, and very well maintained vehicle. Is this type of buy (with a replacement engine) a major red flag for anyone and if so, please let me know your thoughts as I'm about to proceed. Thanks in advance!

Can I get some additional feedback from everyone watching this thread? I drove it yesterday and really liked it. Engine is very clean, drives straight as an arrow and shifts perfectly. There is a light oil leak toward the front but hell, that's pretty common on these things. Per your remarks Trent, the wild card here is that it's not the original engine. Very clean underneath, and very well maintained vehicle. Is this type of buy (with a replacement engine) a major red flag for anyone and if so, please let me know your thoughts as I'm about to proceed. Thanks in advance!

I asked for the paper work to see who had done the swap and what they knew about the engine from the swap but I haven't received the paperwork from them yet which kind of worries me a little even though they seem like great people. They might be quicker to send you the paperwork if you test drove the truck because I didn't really want to test drive it without first getting a quote for fixing that oil leak and then seeing who did the engine swap as they said he wasn't a well know mechanic and they didn't give me a name. So just a couple things to consider I suppose. I am a little interested in the truck but price wise I think it's a little pricey especially for not having a locker.

I asked for the paper work to see who had done the swap and what they knew about the engine from the swap but I haven't received the paperwork from them yet which kind of worries me a little even though they seem like great people. They might be quicker to send you the paperwork if you test drove the truck because I didn't really want to test drive it without first getting a quote for fixing that oil leak and then seeing who did the engine swap as they said he wasn't a well know mechanic and they didn't give me a name. So just a couple things to consider I suppose. I am a little interested in the truck but price wise I think it's a little pricey especially for not having a locker.
I appreciate the feedback!

I appreciate the feedback!
FWIW, agree completely. Looks like a clean truck, but seller has gone quiet on me as well as soon as I asked for engine paperwork which is a bit strange. Even assuming the rebuild was as legit as can be, as the other guy said, price is definitely high for a stockish truck with 230k miles and no factory lockers.

FWIW, agree completely. Looks like a clean truck, but seller has gone quiet on me as well as soon as I asked for engine paperwork which is a bit strange. Even assuming the rebuild was as legit as can be, as the other guy said, price is definitely high for a stockish truck with 230k miles and no factory lockers.
I really appreciate it Bludozer, thanks!

If someone is super serious about this truck you could always contact slee offroad and have them do an inspection and get a quote for the repair of the oil leak at the same time. My interest is on hold until the engine paperwork is produced.

If someone is super serious about this truck you could always contact slee offroad and have them do an inspection and get a quote for the repair of the oil leak at the same time. My interest is on hold until the engine paperwork is produced.
That's actually a great idea, I live only about 15 minutes from them.

That's actually a great idea, I live only about 15 minutes from them.
The only issue would be if they have something to hide they wouldn't want to take it to slee and do the inspection so that would be a big red flag right there. If you do go that route keep us updated! I am looking for a land cruiser before summer time for camping so i have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom