Colorado 4x4 trails by Ouray and Lake City with Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Black bear Pass is now open. I’m pretty tempted to return to Ouray before/after LCDC 2020 and try a few trails. I’ve done Engineer Pass via Mineral Creek from Ouray. Love it.

I'm assuming you mean up to the pass itself; San Miguel County is still working on the Telluride/switchback side. That said, it should open all the way through in a couple days.

I'm assuming you mean up to the pass itself; San Miguel County is still working on the Telluride/switchback side. That said, it should open all the way through in a couple days.
Yup, saw a pic saying it's open on July 9. cross the finger and hope for the trail to open tomorrow.

I've used it on the Cruiser before but it takes over 15 mins to have one tire inflate from 20psi to near 30psi. I'm sure this will make the picture even more clearer, right? With a family with me on the roads, there's no way they would've waited even 20 mins for me to inflate the tires back to 30psi.

Jeez thats long! Definitely see why you wouldn't air down. If you don't want to spend $300+ for an ARB, VIAR has a solid compressor that cost me around 150ish I want to say. Timed it the most recent time I was out and took 3mins to go from 20 to 42.

I was thinking lower engineer road/mineral creek would involve a lot of scraping for a stock height rig. Plus a couple of those rock outcrops near switchbacks are quite sketchy, even going uphill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom